Bye Bye

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Due to the removal of my recent innocuous reply to the 'frown' topic which did nothing more delinquent than agree with Essex Eddie, I've decided that I won't bother with this forum in future.

In recent months it has become inordinately censored which is a shame.

Copy of my mail reply to the modes below

I am very surprised at this censorship and disappointed at the very odd attitude of practical caravan who provide a chit chat section then ban chit chat to any one who does not feel 'Jolly'.

My reply was to support Eddie in a political type topic, if people don't want to be involved in political topics they don't have to read them.

If PC and mods don't want chit chat don't have that section.

If PC and mod don't want political type comments why leave the original post in place.

If political posts are not allowed why are current posts referring to the data protection act and bereavement benefits allowed to remain.

Please remove my userid from the site.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Thorpedo,

What a shame. Your contributions and advice on here have been excellent and of great help to me.

Politics are of no great concern to me but on a point of principle it seems odd that "Chit Chat" has to exclude certain subjects which seem to upset Lord Hezza and his crew at Haymarket.

All the best .

Cheers

Dustydog

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
There are some things that Thorpedo might not be aware of.

On reflection I agree that I ought to have removed the original post which caused the problem and I've now done this.

The reasons why the no politics on the forum agenda is being followed has been widely discussed previously.

I have no intention of covering the same ground because I provided the email address of forum admin for those who wish to receive further clarification on this issue.

The main point that Thorpedo might not be aware of is that the originator of the contentious topic was boasting on another forum which I will call 'The Quiet Side' at the end of October about how he intended to 'wind up' members of this forum and further to this after he missed his original target how he wrote that he'd 'Have another go later' details of which I will send to Thorpedo via email.

Thorpedo you are welcome to use this forum as is anyone else but the position of the forum has been made clear and if you strongly disagree I'm sorry but there is not much I can do.

It would seem that the wind up merchant has won - for now.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ah Parksy, thanks for the clarification, it's all starting to make sense now.

Don't go Thorpedo, your contributions will be missed.

Lisa

Jul 11, 2005
Visit site
Ooo ar! Didn't realise I was a naughty boy.

Seems you cant say anything on here, I dont have trouble on the "quiet side". Perhaps its more adult.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts