C&CC Camping Miles Scheme to End

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I noticed that in the C&CC magazine the camping miles scheme is due to end next year. Miles accrued will be honoured until 30/6/2010.

The scheme is being replaced with a discount scheme which will offer 4 nights for the price of 3 and 7 nights for the price of 5 mainly in low and mid season across most of the sites network.

This discount can be added to Family and Age concessions.

This is better for us because we don't use main C&CC sites very often so any camping miles that we manage to save are often forgotten about or lost. The discounted prices effective there and then represents a much better deal.

Sep 8, 2006
Visit site
What a shame - we use the sites quite a lot and when you book in high season summer holidays it means you get a whole load of stamps which can then be used on several low season weekend trips. Well it will be a deciding factor when booking my summer holiday and also whether it will be worth while renewing my membership I will see what the new offers are like first and make my decision then.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think the new scheme may suit us better: we usually end up with a number of points which we cannot use. For instance, having used some of last year's points to pay for a night of our Easter break this year, we had ten points left on our card, but the only times we were able to go away after that counted as 'mid-season' and required 20 points, so we lost them. With the new scheme, you will benefit (or not) immediately. I imagine the intention must be to increase pitch occupancy in the mid-week period i.e encourage people to stay for 4 nights rather than 3.

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
I think the new scheme may suit us better: we usually end up with a number of points which we cannot use. For instance, having used some of last year's points to pay for a night of our Easter break this year, we had ten points left on our card, but the only times we were able to go away after that counted as 'mid-season' and required 20 points, so we lost them. With the new scheme, you will benefit (or not) immediately. I imagine the intention must be to increase pitch occupancy in the mid-week period i.e encourage people to stay for 4 nights rather than 3.
The new system is a load of rubbish, you cant book online, only through call centres and not available when families can go.

I tried to book a 14 night break for next june, mid season and was told i would get charged for 14 nights. To qualify for the offer i had to book for 7 nights then leave site, turn around and come back same day for another 7 nights, can you believe it?

I wont be renewing my subscription as it runs out and only use cc sites this season

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
The new system is a load of rubbish, you cant book online, only through call centres and not available when families can go.

I tried to book a 14 night break for next june, mid season and was told i would get charged for 14 nights. To qualify for the offer i had to book for 7 nights then leave site, turn around and come back same day for another 7 nights, can you believe it?

I wont be renewing my subscription as it runs out and only use cc sites this season

TRENDING THREADS