C&CC Charges

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just joined the C&CC thinking I would save money on using their sites. I have just looked at a few sites and for two adults its £12.80 per night. For this I get a field and toilets, yet this week-end I'm going to a site with bar, restaurant and take away food for £11.50. Am I under the wrong impression that I will save money?

Ian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have you been to the commercial site before? How well run is it? What are the price of drinks in the bar compared with local price? Whats the price and quality of the food compared with local restaurants and take aways? These probably subsidise the site fees.

With the C&CC sites they are all of a good standard with pitches properly marked out. You always know what to expect.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hiya Ian, give me a club site everytime, at least you know what standard you will get.

We've had some truly awful experiences at commercial sites. Dirty facilities, kids (and adults)running riot, noise at all hours, overcrowding and the "couldn't give a monkeys" attitude of owners/managers.

And before the "Live & Let live/you must be a misery/kids have got to have some fun" brigade get their knives out, I'm not a killjoy or anti children, anti booze or anti anything.

Barney.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Barney

I have three kids, 15,3 and nearly 2,like you been to commercial site and HATED it, the adults were rat***ed at night so the kids ran riot,the noise was horrendous even at 4 in the morning,I would be ashamed if mine behaved like that,They are always told to respect that other people are here on hol as well and are expected to be quiet at a reasonable time,dont get me wrong they have their moments but I do try to teach them right, some parents think its great their four year olds are up at 1am in a smoke filled bar,blasting music while they throw beer down their necks,going to a Haven soon(to late to cancel) and am dreading the noise coz just end up shattered all day!

CC sites only after that !!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tina, there are some very well run commercial sites that cater for families. A few that spring to mind from personal experience are Home Farm Burnham on Sea, Beverley Park, Paignton, Waterside Park Weymouth.

These have entertainment and the complexes are well stewarded.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ray

sorry didnt want to sound like I was tarring all commercial sites with the same brush!! just the really big " cram em in sites" . I think these are the ones who (as mentioned previously) are trying to rid tourers and aim for the static market, apologies to all you owners who run credible private sites!

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hello . I with the caravan club. I would too stick to club sits. we had so bad exsroner. One was at grat yarmerth at vaxall stit. It would be eser to say whot was rigth with the sit. Which was nuthink at all. sp We have been to one sit that was verygood which was lickpeny in materlock. mark

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It was some years ago, before we bought our caravan, but we went to a Haven sight in Devon rather than going Eurocamping with our kids due to a close relative being very ill and we needed to be close.

It was a nightmare. The surrounding beaches, countryside etc was tremendous. But the site was exactly as Barney describes. Never again.

Sorry Tina - you probably did not want to hear that - I hope your site is better than what we experienced.

I cannot speak for CC&C sites as I am in the CC - but from what I have seen so far the club sites cater better for what I want and if no profit is made by the site owner via those that wish to get tanked up every night in the bar, then I am happy to pay more.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Barney

I have three kids, 15,3 and nearly 2,like you been to commercial site and HATED it, the adults were rat***ed at night so the kids ran riot,the noise was horrendous even at 4 in the morning,I would be ashamed if mine behaved like that,They are always told to respect that other people are here on hol as well and are expected to be quiet at a reasonable time,dont get me wrong they have their moments but I do try to teach them right, some parents think its great their four year olds are up at 1am in a smoke filled bar,blasting music while they throw beer down their necks,going to a Haven soon(to late to cancel) and am dreading the noise coz just end up shattered all day!

CC sites only after that !!
Hi again Tina,

as my old mate Pete always says, "You've got to put the time in with your kids, if you want to bring them up right"

Just one example of this was at a site near Whitby. The water supply wasn't the best with low pressure, and a limited supply of hot water. A gang of kids spent all day in the toilet block playing "Block the washbasins with toilet paper, and lets see how long they take to overflow". When I asked them to stop, I ended up with a mouthful from them, and then the doting parents with, "they're only playing" etc. etc. ad nauseum.. We saw the same sort of thing at a New Forest site we were thinking of going to, poor and dirty washrooms, overcrowded pitches,noise, litter, enough to put you off caravaning for life.

The site manager at Whitby didn't want to know, so I demanded, and got, my pitch fee back, and moved on. So now it's CC sites for me. As I said before, I like to enjoy myself, and have a good time the same as anyone else (red wine's my tipple)and I'm not anti anything, kids, dogs, or anything else. I was brought up to respect other people, sadly, that seems to be unknown territory to some, mores the pity.

Phew!!!!! rant over.

All the best,

Barney.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Its ok clive I'm pretty sure what to expect after the first time, as you say cornwall is fab so will be off site all day every day! hopefully so tired when we get back that we'll sleep through anything !!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We also had a w/e at a Butlins when the kids were far younger (against my initial better judgement) but I was pleasantly surprized. The self catering accomadation was excellent, the entertainment was good and everyone well behaved.

Security was good as well being there but not "in your face"

From my experience Butlins compares well with what went on at Haven.

Oh! but how I prefer my Caravan to both.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ray

sorry didnt want to sound like I was tarring all commercial sites with the same brush!! just the really big " cram em in sites" . I think these are the ones who (as mentioned previously) are trying to rid tourers and aim for the static market, apologies to all you owners who run credible private sites!
Tina, Its not a problem I agree with what you say. I use club sites both CC and C&CC sites beecause they are well stewarded and most people obey the rules.

There are though some good commercial sites, but that doen't include Haven.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts