caen to cap d'adge

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
We will be leaving Caen at 8am Thursday Aug.9 travelling to the Cap.First time driving/towing in France .Plan to stop overnight en route.Can anyone advise me how far approx. I should achieve on the first day (driving steadily)if I stop driving around 5pm ? I would like to think I can get as far as Clemont-Ferrand. We need to be in the Cap.about 2pm on the Friday so plan a very early start that day.Does this sound a plausible plan ,can anyone suggest a suitable overnight site and is it advisable to pre-book. Many thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
IMHO you are on your limit to reach Clermont Ferrand(CF) in a day's towing. That said there are many who will disagree with me - so be it. However I have frequently towed to a little village called Ebreuil in a day. Ebreuil is close to Gannat, and just off the Autoroute, a few miles north of CF. There is an excellent little site in Ebreuil owned by an english couple, John & Jane, called Camping La Filature. This makes an first class overnight stop, but be aware you may tarry a little longer once (if) you decide to go there!

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
IMHO you are on your limit to reach Clermont Ferrand(CF) in a day's towing. That said there are many who will disagree with me - so be it. However I have frequently towed to a little village called Ebreuil in a day. Ebreuil is close to Gannat, and just off the Autoroute, a few miles north of CF. There is an excellent little site in Ebreuil owned by an english couple, John & Jane, called Camping La Filature. This makes an first class overnight stop, but be aware you may tarry a little longer once (if) you decide to go there!
Clubman, have checked the site and it looks as good as you said.......many thanks for your help

Jan 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi Darrell

You will be doing some 600Km to get to your stop over, that is some 360 miles. You should be able to do it, but you won't be hanging about and there are quite a few STEEP hills on that motorway.

If you've never seen the Agde region in the height of summer then the traffic ques you've seen in the pst will be nothing! Get there as EARLY as possible and if you have to wait outside the gates...the traffic really builds up by mid morning down there.

Having said that it is great down there, we have passed through or stayed in the area every year since 1999 and will be back there this year but not until September...great then.

Cheers

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
Hi Darrell

You will be doing some 600Km to get to your stop over, that is some 360 miles. You should be able to do it, but you won't be hanging about and there are quite a few STEEP hills on that motorway.

If you've never seen the Agde region in the height of summer then the traffic ques you've seen in the pst will be nothing! Get there as EARLY as possible and if you have to wait outside the gates...the traffic really builds up by mid morning down there.

Having said that it is great down there, we have passed through or stayed in the area every year since 1999 and will be back there this year but not until September...great then.

Cheers
Thanks Patricia, Can you recommend any sites ?

TRENDING THREADS