Calorgas supplies

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
BB maybe they thought you looked suspicious 😜. You were right to show your CAMC card. The site is a registered CAMC affiliated site. As such members get a discount
Hi Dusty if i stop there now it might be in a one bedroom lodge but as a non member we are no longer CAMC members

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dusty if i stop there now it might be in a one bedroom lodge but as a non member we are no longer CAMC members
BB , when my time comes to hang up the hitch I’ll still stay a CAMC member just for the magazine. There are other benefits that may be advantageous even without a caravan eg a lodge?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
BB , when my time comes to hang up the hitch I’ll still stay a CAMC member just for the magazine. There are other benefits that may be advantageous even without a caravan eg a lodge?
I’ve just renewed my CCC membership as the mag is an interesting read and other benefits too, plus they have non mobile non damp non cracking accommodation. 😱

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Dusty i am still receiving the magazine and it suppose to be cancelled the CAMC (but i have been a member for 18 years )

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
My local calor dealer has put prices up from around £25 for a 6kg propane to £36 last time that I managed to get a refill.
luckily I have 3 cylinders, as we off grid for weeks at a time it pays to have something in reserve. It took me over a month to get the last refill.

Jul 29, 2022
Visit site
Could the previous owners have retained them as I’m sure some would have purchased another caravan or motorhome and used them in the new acquisition. But the new entrants to the leisure vehicle market would have required cylinder(s). What’s your take on why a shortage started to develop at the same time that leisure vehicle sales shot up as Staycation became the norm?
We retained both of our 6kg cylinders when we sold but compensated the new owners with a brand new hook up cable.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Just exchanged my old Calorlite, bottle for a 6kg propane, and the replacement bottle looked brand new, and yes £34.

May 15, 2023
Visit site
The full retail price for exchange 6kg Calor bottles at our local builders merchant in Nantwich is £24 including VAT, and they had bottles in yesterday, trade price is lower.
It appears that some places are profiteering .

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
No local 6kg propane today, tried 5 places.
Lady Margrets Camc may have had some but the jobsworth receptionist will only sell to those staying on site, not interested if you are a paying member or not.
Lots of empties in the dealers.

Kev

Sep 16, 2018
Visit site
A site we're members of is having so many problems with Calor bulk deliveries they're thinking of switching to flogas, even if it means installing a new tank.

Seems Calor are in a complete mess and we see more distributors switching.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
At B and Q the other day and they had loads of propane Flogas. 11kg and 6 kg. The 6 kg exchange was £35 I think. Possibly £45 to buy without an exchange. More expensive than the last Calorie cylinder we got, but it was a while ago. Can you just attach a Flogas cylinder or do you need a different pigtail?
mel

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
At B and Q the other day and they had loads of propane Flogas. 11kg and 6 kg. The 6 kg exchange was £35 I think. Possibly £45 to buy without an exchange. More expensive than the last Calorie cylinder we got, but it was a while ago. Can you just attach a Flogas cylinder or do you need a different pigtail?
mel
The pigtails are interchangeable on 6 kg Calor or Flogas propane.

Our BQ is now Flogas as are two local garden centres plus Leekes department store. Leekes sell the Flogas gaslight grp lightweight bottles too.

Reactions: Mel
May 15, 2023
Visit site
I have not had a problem getting 6kg Calor Propane, have swapped 2 bottles in the last couple of months, both times at our local builders merchants. I also know the owner of a small independent garage who are a Calor dealers, and has not been able to get 6kg bottles for months, yet is 6oo only yards away from the builders merchants that has a good supply, here is my theory:

The builders merchant is part of a fairly large chain, they will have a Calor account manager and I suspect much more clout with Calor to maintain supplies over small organisations. Also Roofers for years frequently used the 3.5kg bottles, as they were the easiest to carry up a ladder, now this size bottle has been withdrawn I also suspect that the Builders Merchants were given a higher allocation of 6Kg bottles, now we have a situation where a high proportion of 6kg bottles are circulating within the larger builders merchants.

It's a theory, speculation on my part, whatever the answer clearly not great management by Calor!

Full retail price from my local builders merchants is £25 for a 6kg refill, talking to other folk whilst away recently, some of them have been charged over£30!

Incidentally we had to swap a Campingaz 907 cylinder in France a couple of weeks ago, €28 ! half the UK price. (SUPER U ST-GILLES-CROIX-DE-VIE)

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
Dave, Last swap for us a week or so ago was £34 from Oxon Park, Shrewsbury.
We don’t tend to use a lot of gas, just kettle and grill for toast. Only ran through a bottle quickly due to the fridge element going awol, that’s fixed to situation normal.

JB1

Aug 4, 2022
Visit site
Hi sorry to jump on the thread I’ve have to get some gas how much should I expect to pay for a 7kg butane re fill . I am based near Milton Keynes and Bedford any suggestions where to get a refill Thanks Jeff

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi sorry to jump on the thread I’ve have to get some gas how much should I expect to pay for a 7kg butane re fill . I am based near Milton Keynes and Bedford any suggestions where to get a refill Thanks Jeff
£31.50. Hutch lives near you. I am sure he will say where

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts