Camping cabo Mayor

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Hello all

we are looking to go to the Santander area of Spain ths summer, one site i have been looking at is camping Capo Mayor if anybody has been canthey give any information about the site or cananybody recommend any other sites in this area.Thanks for any replies.

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi Stewart.
In the absence of any-one coming up with good information about Cabo Mayo campsite, I will offer you my somewhat sketchy knowledge of the site. I have never used it as a holiday destination, but merely as an overnight stop on a couple of occasions, each time either very early or very late in season. I have not used it in the last 8 or so years, as it never seems to be open when wanted. The interior of the site was O.K. (though of course deserted when I used it) but the outside appearance of the site is scruffy, to say the least. Whilst on a map the site appears to be near the sea, it is of course on top of a cliff with no view of the sea. I'm not aware of any means of getting down to the beach, if there is one. In more recent times I have used the countryfied site at Santillana del Mar, about 12 miles out of Santander. Again I have only used this site in transit, but have found it to be a good site, open all year, with (I am told) gorgeous beaches and countryside not too far away. Sorry - that's about the extent of my knowledge.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts