Camping card

Sep 22, 2006
Visit site
Hi All

We are going to France in May with the van, have used camping cheques for the last few years, but we are thinking of trying the camping card ACSI this year, and would be most grateful for thoughts on the two ways of paying for our sites. Thanks in advance Clive

Aug 8, 2005
Visit site
We always use Camping Cheques .

Was at the Isle D'Offard Site this year and noticed that one lady was complaining they had stopped taking the ACSII Card - The Manager on then said it was because they were actually getting nothing out of it and the cost of being included in the listings was too high to make it worth his while.

For him Camping Cheques were preferable

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
We took an ACSI card but didn't bother using it. Out of season there are loads of cheap sites available and it's not worth the effort of driving out of your way to save a couple of euro's.

We decided the same applies to camping cheques, in as much as , if you have them you feel you have to plan your holiday around them, but I am under the impression that you cannot pre book sites and use a camping cheque, rather you have to turn up and take what is available, so there is also an element of risk that you can't always use them.

Correct me if I am wrong someone ! .

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Clive

We have used the camping card ACSI for 4 years now and find it A1. You can plan your trip without having to book. We are retired and therefore have to watch the money we spend and when touring Europe over 2 or 3 months the reduced rates are a great help to stop on up to and inc 5 star sites. We have ordered our card for next year 2008. Last May we saved a total of 100 euros by stopping at just one 5 star ACSI site for 21 nights paying just 14 Euros a night (

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Clive

We use both Camping Cheques and the ACSI Card. Between them they offer hundreds of campsites all over Europe as well as offering good value. I accept you will find some sites that are even cheaper but not that many.

David

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We use both. This year we had five days using ACSI at Les Rivages near Millau, saving 7 euros per night over the normal site price. We then had five days at Le Boucanet using Camping Cheques, saving nine euros per night, then four nights at Domaine de la Faurie in the Lot, saving four euros per night. This adds up to a significant amount over a two week holiday - and both are equally convenient for us. If we buy too many Camping Cheques then we use them in England (usually Rivendale or The Quiet Site in the Lakes) or take them with us next year.

We can book Camping Cheque sites in advance if we wish, as we have a Gold Card - but usually don't, as outside peak season we've never found the need - and no advance booking means you can simply move on if the weather is bad, or if you just fancy a change of site or area.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts