Camping Cheque disgust me!!!

Dec 19, 2005
Visit site
Having had lots of problems with the gold card that we had from the start of the CC scheme, we used paper cheques. When our renewal came we had to pay to renew even though we should have twice the amount of loyalty points required we even called CC in France but not interested. We had a number of cheques left over and decided to transfer them onto the card, Wendy Collier in the UK asked us to send them to her and this would be no problem, no mention of a charge was made.

We sent 44 cheques to her and received only 40 cheques onto the card. CC decided that it cost over £40 to tap a few keys on a computer!

This was a filthy thing to do and as far as I am concerned theft, any charge was never mentioned and there is no mention on the CC website. Only in the case of death, then a reasonable 1 cheque charge to the estate for issuing a refund.

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Andrew, thanks for the info, I just got myself a gold card after booking my ferry and camping cheques through the Caravan Club.

When I phoned the caravan club to see if I could have electronic cheques I was told that they only did paper cheques. I then phoned Camping cheque and was told to send them to France.

Im now confused. Plese let me know the process you used Andrew so I can try and follow it as I havent done anything yet. I assume by cc you mean camping cheque not caravan club??

Kevin

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi. I have used Camping Cheques for years and have had the Gold Card for three years. The procedure when dealing with Camping Cheques is very straight forward. You order your cheques either online or on the phone. When you arrive at your first site you hand the Card over to reception who then download your purchase onto your card. When you settle with the site you just hand in the card and they deduct the amount of nights you have stayed. You get a slip of paper stating giving you details of the transaction for your records. The old procedure with the paper cheques were that Camping Cheque sent them out to your home address. Cannot see why the Caravan Club should be much different.

Andrew

Feb 3, 2005
Visit site
Kevin

I'm not quite sure of your situation. I assume you already have the Gold Card and just want some electronic cheques on it. Then all you need to do is go to the Camping Cheque web site and order and pay for them there (no need to involve the Caravan Club - they don't deal with Gold Cards anyway).

As Andrew (Wimbourne) says it is very easy - the credits get loaded onto your card at the first site where you use them. The system works very well, is secure (lost cards can be replaced),and you earn loyalty points which will pay for your card replacement in 3 years time.

The only thing I would add is that the

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Keith then reason I am getting paper cheques from the caravan club is I got a much better deal for ferry and cheques, but didnt know when I got the gold gard which was after I booked my holiday that I coulnt use it with the caravan club. Ill know for next year but if I can save over

Feb 3, 2005
Visit site
Kevin

I understand what you are saying. You are quite right to look around at all the options and go with the best deal you can find.

Regarding your last sentence, I have never booked sites in my life, so have no experience of this, but I am pretty sure that when you turn up on site they will not be bothered about how you made your booking, and will be quite happy to let you pay with the paper cheques. They'll be glad of the business out of season, and after all, if there was a dispute (I'm sure there won't be) you do have a Gold Card so have done nothing wrong.

Hope this helps

Keith

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts