Camping Europa St Jorioz

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
I wonder if anyone can help, we are booked into the above site in August Lac Annecy for 2 weeks. I have Auto routed Michelin and the Caravan club and they both say come off at Junct 17. Is this a wise move as it looks like we are being routed through the town of Annecy itself. Should I be using Junct 16?. Also any other tips about the area would be grateful.

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
Hi
Yes we went to Annecy 3 years ago to the site next door to where you are going. We did go through Annecy and it is fine, we were in a 4x4 towing a twin axle 'van and had no problem. There is a steep hill going in but give yourself plenty of room to the car in front so to avoid to many hill starts!! We are going again this July for 2 weeks and really looking forward to it. The area is absolutely beautiful and the lake is crystal clear to swim in. I take it you haven't been to Annecy before so explore the town by either cycling in along the purpose built, flat cycle path or catch the bus. The supermarket just down the road from the site is perfect for everything you need.
Have a great time
Ian
smiley-cool.gif

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
Hi
We stayed at the site next to where you are going and we drove through Annecy with our 4x4 towing a twin axle 'van and had no problem, and it was busy. There is a steep hill you need to climb so just keep as much distance infront as you can before you pull off - avoiding as many hill starts as you can.
The lake is crystal clear and wondeful for swimming and playing in. Visit Annecy by either using the pupose built (and flat) cycle path or catch the bus. Annecy itself is a lovely town to wander in and some lovely restaurants to visit at night along the river side.
There is a supermarket just down the road from the site which sells everything you need.
The lake has nice grass beaches dotted along its shore to spend a lazy day soaking the sun up.

We are returning this July for a 2 week holiday as we loved it so much 3 years ago.

Have a great time

Ian

TRENDING THREADS