Camping Le Jard

Mar 20, 2006
Visit site
Hi all,

I amm preparing to book this campsite just north of La Rochelle on the Vendee coast and would appreciate any feedback from any who have been to this site. Also our fist trip abroad in the caravan so fingers crossed.

Many thanks

Mike

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mike, don't do it!

We had the misfortune to go to Le Jard or Du Jard with the Caravan Club, never again. The site is amongst a housing estate which you must either walk through or drive through to get to the so called beach. I know it portrays the site having a beach across the road but believe me it doesn't. When you get to the beach you will find hundreds of wooden stakes stuck in the sand appearing to coming from the sea, they appear as the tide goes out we nicknamed them the invaders as this is how they appear.

The site itself is fair with facilities well over used and stretched to breaking point, including toilet blocks. Pitches are medium size only, I struggled with a Lunar Clubman 530/4 if you have a twin axle then access and egress would be very difficult indeed.

If you want a site in Vendee look at La Yole, or even better where we are going camping la rive (http://www.larive.fr) it is a little further south but what the hell

Mar 20, 2006
Visit site
Many thanks Geoff H and a different Jim - you have helped me avoid what could have been a unpleasant first experience of caravanning in France.

I have now booked at La Yole

Many thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts