Campsite south of Birmingham near M5

Mar 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi there

We are going to Devon in July from Scotland and were wanting to find a stopover site for a night on the way down. Can anyone recommend a site South of Birmingham which is easily accesible to the M5 motorway. Many Thanks!

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
or is that the M6????? always get confused!!!, still a good site though.
not been there but I think it's near the M42 & M6 Toll, bit of a diversion from the M5 (If I remember rightly from the map in the C &CC )near Tamworth

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Hi Francis,

Tewkesbury abbey CC site is handy for the M5 and is in the location you requested, poular stop off for a lot of people travelling North and south.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi there,

I travel south every year with my young son from Scotland and we always stay at the Caravan Club campsite at Tewkesbury - it is a lovely campsite - with the Abbey in view. It is only 2 miles off M5 so a great stopping point - without having to leave your route. We usually stay 2 nights - so I can get a day off as the village is lovely and you can walk from the campsite. If you go - send my regards to Mike and Bridget they are lovely and had to deal with a lot of hassle with the floods a couple of years ago. Unfortunately I'm missing out my stop this year as we are going to Oxford and therefore I'll travel down M40.

Happy caravanning!

Helen

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Plotter, thank you very much for that information.

As I said, I am easily confused, and all those road numbers you have "over there" on the mainland are just too many.

Anything North of Southampton is unfamiliar territory I am afraid.

All I know is I had to go to a town called Birmingham for a course, and Kingsbury was the closest site to stay on,and very nice it was too.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I attended a rally at Kingsbury two weeks ago and Mr Plotter and his lovely wife visited us and whisked us off in their car to Fradley Junction which is a picturesque canal junction and flight of locks complete with tea rooms, pub etc.

We had a lovely day out and then enjoyed the remainder of the rally except for the fact that midges and mosquitos feasted on us, we still have the lumps!

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I did not have any problems with regard to midges, in fact I didn't see a single one.

Maybe it had something to do with being there in November,,,hardly the best weather for them.

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
The Caravan Club site at Cheltenham Racecourse is handy for an overnight stopover too and might be a bit easier to get in if travelling over a weekend.

We are staying there for a night on our way down to Cornwall in late July.

Mar 23, 2008
Visit site
The Caravan Club site at Cheltenham Racecourse is handy for an overnight stopover too and might be a bit easier to get in if travelling over a weekend.

We are staying there for a night on our way down to Cornwall in late July.
Hi

Thanks for all the replies just 1 question why can't you take a caravan of length over 20ft to Mill House Caravan Park is it because of restricted access?

Thanks!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi, dont know full reason why they stopped takin units access no problem, perhaps dont want large vans filling small site , pity was a nice handy local site for us cheers john

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts