Campsites France

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You may as well ask, 'How long is a piece of string?' There are so many campsite guides out there and I am sure everybody has their favourite. For myself, I like the Alan Rogers Guide. It gives a good (and honest) description of each site, everything from big 5 star sites to small municipals. I have managed to locage several small, quiet sites that suit me fine using this guide.

No doubt you will now be bombarded with suggestions. You will have to pay your money and take your choice.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Helen, the Caravan Club's 'Caravan Europe Volume 1' is the most useful book to carry with you. For recommended sites use the Caravan Club's 'Travel Service in Europe' brochure or the Camping & Caravan Club's 'Carefree Holidays' brochure.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Seek out the tourist office local to your destination via Yahoo, Google or somesuch - they should list various sites. As for guide books Alan Rogers and both the major caravan clubs publish them as do Michelin Green Guide and the French Federation of Camping and Caravanning ( Ring U/K 01308 897 809 )

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Enjoy your crossing to France. Visit a hypermarket in Calais and buy a copy of Le Guide Officiel Camping and Caravanning. It lists 10,800 + sites across France

p.s. It's written in French but is easy to follow.

Price 2004 appro

Apr 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi

For information on websites for touring/caravanning in France try...www.tourisme.fr(this gives every French tourist office in alphabetical order from which select a town and find local info) www.ffcc.fr (French Federation of Camping and Caravanning) www.campingfrance.com (French campsites) and use www.viamichelin.co.uk (maps and routes in France) Beejay

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Try select sites at Abergaveny, They have sites throughout Europe. We used their brochure and booked everything through them for Camp Du Lety at Benodet, all we had to worry about was pasports and euros. I think they have a web site www.select-sites.co.uk. we found them very helpful and cooperative. Good luck and enjoy yourselves

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts