Campsites near Troyes

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
Can anybody recommend a stop over site near Troyes. We have 6 children in our party so a swimming pool would be amazing. We are on route to s.of France via Aix en provence so any other good sites would be very welcome.

cheers Ali.

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
Hi

we stayed at the municipal camping in Troyes last aug just for 1 night, its very close to town and we had an adaquate meal on site, but other than that its not great, very busy and you need a dangerous amount of cable to get to the electric points, id give it a miss with the children.

regards Madeleine

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
Thanks Madalaine,

I too have stayed here on 3 occassions thats why I was open to other suggestions! Thanks any way. Seems to be a shortage of good campsites around this area .It is about our driving limit from Calais on our first day

Ali

Nov 26, 2005
Visit site
We usually stay at L'epine aux Moines camping at Geraudot, Lac D'orient. It is a municipal but clean and friendly and has a lake in front of the site with a beach. If you push on a little there is a good site with indoor pool at Langres, Sunelia, Lac de La Liez. There is a lake with a beach and facilities to a high standard. Depending on the time of year you can go around the town walls in a little tourist train, the children will love it., cheers, Ben

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
We usually stay at L'epine aux Moines camping at Geraudot, Lac D'orient. It is a municipal but clean and friendly and has a lake in front of the site with a beach. If you push on a little there is a good site with indoor pool at Langres, Sunelia, Lac de La Liez. There is a lake with a beach and facilities to a high standard. Depending on the time of year you can go around the town walls in a little tourist train, the children will love it., cheers, Ben
Hi would this camp site be ok for one night stop over 3rd sept time without booking do you know? we drive up from St Remy and arnt always sure where we will get to on that first day regarding traffic etc.

Regards Madeleine

Nov 26, 2005
Visit site
Hi would this camp site be ok for one night stop over 3rd sept time without booking do you know? we drive up from St Remy and arnt always sure where we will get to on that first day regarding traffic etc.

Regards Madeleine
Hi Madeleine, should be OK at that time, but I usually phone ahead on the day. Never been turned away but here are the details of the sites I mentioned.

L'Epine Aux Moines, Geraudot, 10220 Aube. Tel: 03 25 41 24 36.

Have your French Phrase Book ready as they spoke no English.

Sunelia Lac de la Liez, Langres 52200. Tel: 03 25 90 27 79.

Cheers, Ben

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site

Regards Madeleine
Hi ben thank for your reply, happy holidays for 2006.

Madeleine

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you don't get as far at Troyes, what about Lac de Panthier at Vandenesse - nearest big town is Dijon. There is an outdoor pool and a new indoor pool, a lake, and a lovely restaurant. It's perfect for an overnight stop - we usually stop there on the way down or the way back. Pitches are large, too, and some have a lovely view of the lake. You can do from there to Calais the following day catching an early evening ferry, or stay overnight near Calais and do an early morning.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am a bit concerned about the semi negative comment about the Municipal at Troyes as personally I feel it would be a shame to put people off using what is a very good campsite. Accepted that it is not an all singing full featured campsite but most people that use the site do so because its a very convenient halt off the motorway. Its also only a short walk into town if you want a better meal.We have used it many times en route to the south. To help your search for an alternative you may find this website useful http://users.pandora.be/leo.huybrechts/gb-frame.htm as it lists all campsites near to the autoroute.

David

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
David

I really hadn,t meant to be damning of Troyes municiple campsite.It is indeed perfectly fine just thought it would be great to get some water for the kids!Its a whole different ball game with 6 lively young people . Just for the record we do stay at municiple campsites on our way down south,very successfully. I apologise for any misinformation regarding this campsite

regards Ali Paton

Mar 16, 2006
Visit site
Troyes is a great place to stop. We stopped over there each summer until 2004 with our Caravan to and from Italy. The area we liked was Foret of Lac Orient. Troyes is also good for shopping as there are numerous outlet stores on the outskirts.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts