Can anyone explain this ?

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
We are thinking of going to Germany next year but read that 'caravans over 750kg must have a separate vehicle registration and number plate'. I see that it also applies to several other countries but not to France. What does this actually mean ?

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Where on Earth did you get that information from? It doesn't apply to vehicles visiting Germany and it's not even correct for German registered caravans, either (they need a separate registration and number plate even if they weigh less than 750kg)

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Hi Lutz

It is in the ACSI book that I have just received.

The full quotation from the section reads "All trailers and caravans with a permitted weight of over 750kg must have a separate vehicle registration and number plate". It doesn't say whether this is applicable just to imported caravans or includes temporary visitors so is very unclear. My guess is it is for permanently imported caravans - but I don't know for sure.

JohnM

Apr 14, 2008
Visit site
Although it is in the ACSI book it doesn't mean that it is true! All German caravans have their own registration number and documents, but none of that applies to visitors from the UK. On several occasions when booking in at German sites I have been asked for the car no and then the caravan no, then the receptionist has said "Ah - English, numbers are the same!"

You will find the ACSI guide brilliant, and it is very hard to find a poor site.

Pete

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts