CAN I TOW Help please

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi pretty new to this anyway I need some advice I would like to buy a smallish 2 berth caravan for my wife and myself for short break and hoolidays.

I have already got the car which I dont really wish to sell at the moment its a seat Ibiza 1.9tdi with a kerb weight of around 1144.

I have my eye on a van which is for sale a very nice swift cornich the guy has told due to its ali chassis it weighs around 880 kilos and max laden of 1004.

would I be ok with this !

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I believe the max. permissible towload of a Seat Ibiza 1.9TDI is 1200kg, but you should check in your owner's manual or on the car's VIN plate. A caravan weighing 1004kg should therefore be within the manufacturer's towing limit.

Also, based on the details you have given, the weight ratio would be 88% which is a bit higher than the general recommendation, but not by so much that one should be too concerned.

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
I believe the max. permissible towload of a Seat Ibiza 1.9TDI is 1200kg, but you should check in your owner's manual or on the car's VIN plate. A caravan weighing 1004kg should therefore be within the manufacturer's towing limit.

Also, based on the details you have given, the weight ratio would be 88% which is a bit higher than the general recommendation, but not by so much that one should be too concerned.
Hi thanks for that yes I am pretty sure the caravan weighs 880kg with a max of 1004 kg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts