can i tow this van o.k?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Please help me if you can !!! my car is a mondeo 2.0 tdci 130 hatch 53 plate and i would love to buy a van i have just seen up for sale,the question is can my car tow it o.k.,the van has a miro of 1219 and an mtplm of 1439. i am experienced at towing but am i asking to much of my car ?

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi Geoff

Have a look at this site http://www.whattowcar.com/ and put your car and van details in "outfit matching", this should help you to decide.

MikeyW

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Geof,

By all means check out the web site Mikey W has suggested but always check the details of your particular model with the owners hand book regeneration document or the dealer for accuracy.

All new and recently made cars sold in the EU have been tested by the manufacturer for their ability to tow. The manufacture will specify a maximum towed mass limit for each model, and if your caravan falls within that limit, then you can rest assured the car will tow it.

If for some reason it doesn't, then there is something wrong with the car which should be checked out.

The Mondeo has garnered a good reputation as an able tow car so do your checks but I guess it will prove to be an acceptable match.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Whattowcar.com should only be used as a basic indicator of a car and vans suitability since the data is not based on uk specification cars.

When i checked out my old alhambra to tow my coachman vip 530/4 whattowcar.com said it was a dangerous match despite the car having a 2000 kg max tow and a kerbweight 200 kgs higher than the vans mtplm on the flip side the site stated that my new Smax was a good match despite it being 100 kgs lighter than the alhambra, just be carefull and only use the site as a rough guide and as has been stated above allways check the car and vans manufacturer plate for the exact figures.

from the figures you have quoted i would think the mondeo will be fine.

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
Geoff, our Mondeo 130tdci towed our Ranger with a MTPLM of 1390kg with no problems at all. As long as you are careful how you load the van and how much you put in it you shouldnt have a problem.

Good Luck, Martin.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Geoff, our Mondeo 130tdci towed our Ranger with a MTPLM of 1390kg with no problems at all. As long as you are careful how you load the van and how much you put in it you shouldnt have a problem.

Good Luck, Martin.
thanks for all your comment and thanks martin, very reasuring

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts