car accident

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Recently my car was hit by another car when the lady driver failed to stop at a road junction. My car did a pirouette and finished facing the wrong way on the grass verge, fortunately no other cars were coming down the road at the time.

The lady immediatly accepted full responsibility and details were exchanged.

To cut a long story short I contacted my insurance to get things sorted. Firstly I had to phone an 0845 number several times and listened to countless minutes of music and try to speak to a non UK call centre, I had to pay my excess first before they could get the car repaired and then "try" to reclaim it from the 3rd party, all in all not a pleasent experience.

Now the good news. I rec'd a phone call from the the 3rd party insurer, they were fully conversant with my accident and asked if they could repair my car, free of charge of course.

My car was picked up on a low loader by the repairers, my hire car was dropped at my house on another low loader and the reverse when my car repaired.

I have even had a phone call from the 3rd party insurers asking if I am satisfied with the service.

Needless to say I won't be using my insurers next time, their name begins with Z, I think I'll be using Diamond.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
C

At the back of your policy booklet is a "How to complain" section.

I sugest you follow it if only to bring your problem to the attention of more senior people at Z.

Cheers

Dustydog

Apr 23, 2007
Visit site
Sounds pretty normal to me.

The reason the other lady's insurance company were so 'nice' is so that you would not consider suing them for damages or injuries. If you are not injured, I'd at least claim your excess back off them plus something to cover the 0845 costs, taxi home, inconvenience, etc. Shouldn't need a solicitor for that as long you are DEFINITELY not injured.

Even though its not your fault, don't forget to mention it at the time of renewal.

Ian

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts