Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I have one of those but not from that company.

Works fine untill you hit a real rough piece of road then it decides you have had an accident and records it to keep. ( will not over rite it ) This can be stopped then deleted after. Every so often I will format the card and start new.

Trevor

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
That seller has since increased their price to £90 so I have no more interest in them.

I was aware of the issues as you mention, including low sound.

But I find the menu logical and the makers have a download of the manual, which is why it won the Auto express test.

Its not perfect but its sub £100 which is as much as I want to pay for a "toy".

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Trevormc said:
I have one of those but not from that company.

Works fine untill you hit a real rough piece of road then it decides you have had an accident and records it to keep. ( will not over rite it ) This can be stopped then deleted after. Every so often I will format the card and start new.

Trevor

Trevor.
We have three of these and if you go into the settings you can alter the 'G' force from - low, med ,high we have ours set at high.
We have the sound turned off ...

We got ours from Amazon ( it's about the same price as last year )

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site

I've had the Mini 0803 for about a year. It's one of those things that 'just works' - no need to think about it, wired directly so it comes on with the ignition. It's very small and unobtrusive. Picture quality is excellent in daylight and very good at night.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
The reason i went for the transcend drive pro 2oo was the 160 deg wide angle lense, I can see from where my tax disc is right across to 3/4 of the way back up the driver side wing ....

With a smaller viewing angle you will only see them nearer to the very front of the car the Mini 0803 & the newer 0805 have only 135 deg viewing angle.

Last year i had a RTA ( that is still ongoing ) where two cars came round my LH side and cut me up before hitting the brakes on a roundabout with the wide angle of this camera all can be now seen.

Clear as a whistle when paused on the pc this was travelling at 70mph...
I record ours in 1 min segments as they are easier to view on the pc rather 3 or 5 min segments.

M62test_zps157aff88.jpg

Night time
snowtest_zpsb3b1a5c2.jpg

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Sproket thanks for the link, I have seen that item and considered buying from them, in fact I think I will.
most suppliers are out of stock I wonder if a updated version is due?

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
What ever dash cam you decide to buy, the most important thing is that when its mounted be it hard wired or just plugged in, make sure that every day you just check the time & date as in case of a RTA that will help you fight you corner .... ;) it only takes a few seconds to do ....

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
xtrailman said:
Sproket thanks for the link, I have seen that item and considered buying from them, in fact I think I will.

I think that a new version is already out, with better night images apparently.

Re the overheating - I've read about it, but not experienced any problems (although the 0803 does get hot)

I like it because it's small enough to leave in-situ without being unduly noticeable by passing scrotes. I know that if I had to connect it up every time, I'd just end up not bothering to use it. As it is, it's 'fit & forget'

I should also mention that the 0803 (and hopefully the replacement) has a very good dynamic range - it's hard to blow out highlights. The Aptina sensor was one reason I chose it. The new one doesn't use an Aptina CMOS

Sample image: (resized for upload)

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
xtrailman said:

Just had a look on there web site and nothing new is showing, the only thing i need to do now is buy a spare card to carry for when we are away with the van then if anything happens it won't get over written. :eek:hmy:

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Sproket said:
What ever dash cam you decide to buy, the most important thing is that when its mounted be it hard wired or just plugged in, make sure that every day you just check the time & date as in case of a RTA that will help you fight you corner .... ;) it only takes a few seconds to do ....

That's the another negative I've with this cam, it losses its date after around 4 days without power, apparently I've read its got a capacitor instead of a battery, but perhaps that has changed?

Software updates constantly change the goal posts. Lots of complaints in the one star reviews about this.

So is the time and date that important in evidence, I would have though the car number plate would be adequate?

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I bought a different make from Maplin. They have a decent range and for £90 we are happy. Good wide angle on lens so it should be useful if we ever need to prove what happened.

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi All
I bought the Transcend 200 for £90squid on Amazon, absolutely love it. Excellent wide angle viewing and superb picture quality. The operating menu is so simple to use.
I've personally not had the G Sensor activate for any pot holes (can't always miss them), the addition of an emergency record button is also a very handy feature and stores all crash/emergency videos in a protected file.
As mentioned elsewhere on here I record in 1 minute segments, better play back on the laptop.
B)

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered one as well,looking to make a hinged bracket to flip it out of sight when parked. A code like on radios would be useful to make it useless if stolen

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
When we were away at the weekend i used a suction mount under the rear cupboards and fitted the wife's dash cam so that it was looking rearwards out of the rear caravan window, and on the way home today, this must have happened just a few mins previous to us getting there as the driver was out of his cab & on the phone for some clean undies....

A snip taken from the front dash cam
Oh%20dear%20_zpsshecvr7c.jpg

Wife's dash cam looking out of the caravan rear window
Oh%20dear%20%202_zps8f546bkx.jpg

I was well impressed how the mount stayed in place & the quality of the video footage, admitted it's useless in the rain. But it also get's the undertakers as seen in the yellow car below....

I'm watching you
Oh%20dear%205_zpsyvddbscd.jpg

Oh%20dear%204_zpsx7ju5fbb.jpg

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Us men and his toys hey. I have been reading the comments of DC and find it a little confusing. I know it's everyone for it's own but, the price people pay for these units. I have used a camera for months now. Before purchasing I listed the pros and cons.
All I wanted the camera for was evidence, perhaps a few laughs on the way. I was not worried about how the camera functioned if involved in a RTA. Why you mask? Because I would not trust any unit no matter how much the cost and how reliable it is. If I was involved in a RTA I would remove the card as soon as possible. No way would I rely on technology to save fatal evidence. Because I was new to these units I tried a cheap one. I still use the same unit. Yes I do have to pull out the card and use my laptop to download any data that I want to keep. I do this when I have some video that I want to keep as I am making a film with all the funny parts, a bit like the tv programs, but not as professional of course. a second unit of the same was used in the rear window of the caravan. The cost of the camera £13.99.

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
]I purchased this unit from Amazon.com. I have just looked and guess what the price is now only £9.99. I was robbed lol,
Item name: Super Legend HD Video Car Dash Vehicle Recorder
Page link: amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005Q6CJI4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00
Tried to upload image but new here. Should have checked before I stated. Will do later if it helps.

camera01_zpslq0pamxl.jpg.html

camera02_zpsuuzigtsb.jpg.html

I don't know if I have done this right. It does seem a little long winded to add two pictures.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
MIO Mivue Touch 568. Records in 1080p and has GPS and the speed camera database. Mio took over Navman I believe.
Mobile Soultions at Derby hard wired it for £25 plus VAT and did me a deal for £130 for the unit. Should be around the £180 level.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts