Car roof box.

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Storage to be honest , i could store them in the caravan i suppose 🤔

Next house move will have a nice large double garage, 🤣👍

Don't kid yourself that is other than a short-term cure to "clutter", it is an affliction needing more serious root cause treatment.;)

Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
Tell me about it lol,loft is full, i have 2 sheds full off tools and my tool boxs.

Just wish my garden was bigger so i could build a workshop / garage .

Drives the wife mad 😳😳😳🙈🙈🙈

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

We will not move again downsize in 2016 from a 4 bedroom detached house + garage to a 2 bedroom bungalow + Garage it five years now and one level suits my needs :)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

My double garage, is full, car motorbike, mobility chariot, work bench.
One shed outside dedicated to the caravan stuff.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
In simple terms a roof box will adversely affect the fuel consumption as it is adding to the frontal area, the difference may not be that great, but you cannot argue with the laws of physics. An odd mile per gallon loss may not be apparent but over time will add up.
When towing though it may reduce the drag created by the front of the caravan and help but should be removed at other times.
Any thing heavy could affect the handling but it will vary according to the car and its suspension.
As for the weight, I am afraid you need to know all the weights of everything in the car to see if you are overloading it.

Reactions: ProfJohnL

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts