Caravan BBQ outside connecting point

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have a Cadac BBQ and used to lift the gas bottle out the locker and it has its own regulator on the hose.

Have just got a new caravan with an outside BBQ point which has a nozzle and a red tap to turn the gas supply on under the plastic flap - do we need to use the regulator still or can we just attach the hose with a jubilee clip to the little nozzle which came separately and is supposed to just push on? Any advice would be great, thanks!

May 5, 2005
Visit site
I do mine like Alan J have also got a regulater with a 1/4BSP thread that I have a Quick connector fitted so I can use Cadac off a cylinder at home.

Jun 26, 2005
Visit site
Hi Alan J, could you tell me how you attach the Quick Connector to the Cadac , do you use a short piece of hose from the original cadad fitting or have you replaced the original fitting so you dont need a short pipe, also were did you get the Quick Connector from ,

regards

Baza

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
Hi

I just use a short piece of hose to the Cadac original connection point and then one half of the the quick connector on the end of this short piece and the "socket" of the quick connector onto the long hose to the caravan BBQ outlet which also has the standard connector.

I got mine from Camping Direct - but phone them as they are having trouble with their web site ordering.

http://campingdirect.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=359&category_id=31&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=12
(this link takes you directly to the item)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Many thanks for all the replies - I assume the orange gas pipe just has a jubilee clip at each end, one on the push/pull nozzle and the other permanently fixed to the the cadac.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts