Caravan Cleaning?

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys, hope you are all ready for the new season :)

I cleaned the van when we got home last weekend as it looked like I'd just done a special stage through Dalby with it on the back.

As I'd already washed and waxed it with Meguires before I set off, the mud mainly just washed off, but in the paint it appears there are tiny black specks in the dimples of the caravan and little black flecks on the fibreglass parts also?

Also the wheel arches, lower back panel and handles which are a cream plastic don't clean up 100% I thought about using Cif on these parts?

Any help welcomed :)

Cheers

Liam

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Use Fenwicks Caravan Cleaner and a nylon bristled dishwashing brush to get the bits out of the dimples and off the fibreglass areas.
The cream plastic panels are made of cheap non stabilised plastic and degrade quite quickly, and even Cif will not return them to anything like pristine, sadly.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Cento16v said:
Would it be possible to use plastic one to spray the wheel arches and handles would you think or shall I just buy new ones?

I would not bother doing anything apart from seeing how clean they come up.
Getting new replacements will not be cheap and would not fit in with the overall look of the van, they would look out of place.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts