caravan club booking

Feb 28, 2009
Visit site
Paddy,

The same reason they have all year to sort things out only to have a total meltdown every year the advance booking service opens! Its not even a case of 'paying peanuts and getting monkeys'!

Apr 9, 2007
Visit site
No Bryan "not just me" but a number of people i have spoke to are having the same problem.

Also wendy i have tried the phone severial times but the site does not open until next weekend and no reply by phone.

And for paying peanuts i dont think the site i booked was cheap

Apr 9, 2007
Visit site
No Bryan "not just me" but a number of people i have spoke to are having the same problem.

Also wendy i have tried the phone severial times but the site does not open until next weekend and no reply by phone.

Apr 9, 2007
Visit site

Feb 28, 2009
Visit site

Paddy,

That was my point exactly!!!!!!!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
CC spent a lot of money on a new IT system to improve the service to members in the long term. There was an article explaining this in the March CC mag and also on the site itself. Throughout March they are having to train ALL staff how to use it effectively.

Why not do as I did last week, ring the site or if that is engaged ring the CC HO. I successfully made my bookings and confirmation e-mails as usual were sent to me very quickly. Also note some sites do not open until the end of the month.

Why do we have to become a society so dependant on computers? There are other ways just as effective!

Cheers

Dustydog

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Sooner or later upgrades have to be undertaken, their is never a good time for this and as Dusty said their was info on the club web giving plenty of notice.

NigelH

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site

Phone the CC direct booking service!

Apr 9, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Alan for your advise i have been able to book site also having a new panel fitted to my Bailey, balls in motion thanks for your time and advice much appreciated mark. I wont put to much info on here, but if you can get my email address from the moderator i dont mind sending you an update regards Mark

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mark

I hope the new panel and its fitting is FOC?

Why not wait until the whole job is finished to your entire satisfaction and then do a post to let everyone know what happened. ABS panel cracks seem to be too common or are they just limited to members of this forum!

Cheers

Dustydog

Mar 2, 2008
Visit site
Just to add to the comments.

I too tried to book on the internet and had no success.

Okay, no problems, just ring good old CC and book........wrong!

I tried at least seven times to get through, only to receieve the message that there was a high volume of calls and I should try later.

Now I expect the booking service to be popular. I also expect to have to hang on until there is an operator to handle my request.

What cheeses me off, is the fact that I have to pay for the privilege of being told that the service is busy (Duh!) and that I need to ring back later.

If the service is overwhelmed, get more staff to handle the calls or just let the phone ring. Don't expect people to pay to be told that "Sorry, we are busy".

Customer service? Hmmm! Questionable.

May 25, 2008
Visit site
What time did you ring John ??

Staff can not just be taken on because you rang, I am sure the CC could move the answer service to India for 24 hour coverage.

I wouldn't be suprised if they haven't looked at it. The Club is a very business like organisation that makes a good return on it's investment.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
John

All the staff are going through a training programme on the new computer system which will ultimately be for the benefit of all the members. I say again that the Club publicised this fact both in the March CC Magazine and on the internet web site.

I suspect when you rang a lot of the staff were undergoing training.

Cheers

Dustydog

Mar 2, 2008
Visit site
Gumbo/Dustydog

I don't want to start, or continue, any adverse debate on this but just to say;

If the CC can't answer the calls, due to high volume/staff training (important and valid) or for any other reason that is beneficial to their operation, then the customer (me/you/us) should not have to pay for a connected call, that only states they are busy and to try again later. The CC does not get any revenue from this (BT profits up again) and the customer has to pay for the same message over and over until they can get through to the booking service.

It is really simple, either staff the phones accordingly or let them ring.

That's all folks!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
John

It's only OUR Club and they are doing their best over the next few weeks.

If it's the cost of the calls that causes you concern may I suggest you investigate a new provider. Our internet provider gives us 59 minutes free per any call anywhere in the UK as often as you want.

Chers

Dustydog

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
I have the free calls etc, but only evenings and weekends so the free calls are not usable to phone during office hours.

Thank goodness the CC has not gone down the route of most site operators of using 08 numbers to thwart any of the free call services.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Zafiral

Talk talk, Supanet, Sky are jus a few who give free calls 24/7.

Definitely worth checking out, there afre loads of others. Why look a gift horse in the mouth in this recession!

Cheers

Dustydog

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
Zafiral

Talk talk, Supanet, Sky are jus a few who give free calls 24/7.

Definitely worth checking out, there afre loads of others. Why look a gift horse in the mouth in this recession!

Cheers

Dustydog
Thanks DD, Sky don't do the free broadband round our way and talk-talk were more than BT when we renewed. Unfortunately I am tied into BT (phone) and Orange (Broadband) for 12 months so will have to look again then!! On the plus side I get 1000 anytime free landline minuites a month on my mobile so I could just use that if it is not a dreaded 08xx number!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts