Caravan Club cancellations by the site

Jan 20, 2008
Visit site
Hello 3 of us were rung by Rooksbury CC site yesterday and told our bookings for the bank holiday were being cancelled due to heavily waterlogged pitches, fair enough the weather cannot be helped.
However this does highlight a flaw in the CC booking system as we are still shown as booked in cannot delete the booking as it is within the 72 hours time limit imposed by the CC after a phone call to the CC headquarters I was told that I must wait for the site to cancel the booking online however this means that we cannot book any where else on the CC network due to duplicate dates.
Luckily for us I manged to get us all in at a non CC site at very short notice
They are still showing late avalibilities for the site despite this, and no information on any site apart from a brief notice about Tewksbury on the home page surly we should be better informed?

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
I wonder what constitutes waterlogged and flooding. One of the North Yorkshire CL's we use every year is pretty much a permanent bog as was the one we used in the New Forest (Feb half term) we just make sure we don't drive over the grass more than is necessary and keep our wellies to hand at all times. We always take care to select low range for arrival and departure so as not to do damage to the field when it's wet.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts