Caravan external locker box security

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Grey13 said:
You definitely seem to be picking on me. You say "If you cannot use wording etc ...." which implies you did not even read my reply properly because I clearly stated."I will refrain from any light hearted banter in future." My suggestion is take a deep breath and leave it at that!

Craigyoung said:
Crikey ! Parksy's fingures have been working overtime this morning ! :p :lol:
Grey 13, Please be assured that nobody is picking on you!
I deleted your duplicate post which appeared after this one was submitted. I agree, it can be difficult to move a topic to a different message board, but don't worry, moderators or admin can move things around if necessary.
I explained that I'd deleted your duplicate and added for your future reference that words or phrases that are highly unlikely to be printed in Practical Caravan magazine probably won't appear on the forum.
The sort of light hearted banter that we'd use when speaking face to face doesn't appear in PCv magazine articles and as my fellow moderator, our chief moddy Damian later pointed out (which you quoted above) it's better to leave the industrial humour for the factory or the bar.
You haven't committed the crime of the century, but it's best that we are honest at this early stage rather than having you wonder forever more why bits of your comments suddenly disappear without warning. Don't take it to heart :)
As for the theft issue, I've only been a victim of a caravan break-in once in the past 17 years and that was on a seasonal pitch in the middle of nowhere. A few caravans had windows broken, our tv went missing and we had to find a replacement window.
Read the reviews of caravan sites online, be wary of sites which host lots of groups of younger people, stag weekends etc, many in tents and don't leave valuable items on view.
Many of the larger sites have cctv, and there are usually caravanning neighbours who are out and about on sites

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
emmerson said:
emmerson said:
Parksy said:
For your future reference, only one topic which deals with the same subject is allowed, duplicates are removed.
I see that Damian has edited this post, and I'm guessing that the edit was to remove the same vulgarity which appeared in the duplicate which I removed.
Industrial phrases or language have no place on this open forum.
Parksy, what did i do?

From the rest of the posts, I assume that comment wasn't meant for me.

Sorry Emmerson, I should have made things clearer.
I'm on holiday in Dorset and went out for the day after I'd posted the above.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Like the others I do not think you can vastly improve the security of the caravan door or external lockers. There are some additional locks available for the doors but the door itself is not strong enough to resist a determined attack and the additional weight to improve thee doors and locker security would be unacceptable. basically the overwhelming number of caravanners are honest and in well mover thirty years of using a caravan we have only ever had one pump stolen. There are one or two sites around where there can be a problem though so if you use those then be careful.
From what I see though the main targets are unsecured bicycles.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Parksy said:
emmerson said:
emmerson said:
Parksy said:
For your future reference, only one topic which deals with the same subject is allowed, duplicates are removed.
I see that Damian has edited this post, and I'm guessing that the edit was to remove the same vulgarity which appeared in the duplicate which I removed.
Industrial phrases or language have no place on this open forum.
Parksy, what did i do?

From the rest of the posts, I assume that comment wasn't meant for me.

Sorry Emmerson, I should have made things clearer.
I'm on holiday in Dorset and went out for the day after I'd posted the above.
Cheers Steve, No problem.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts