Caravan gross weight.

Page 6 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
Parksy said:
Moderators Note
I edited the previous posting in order to remove a barbed comment
Wishing a Merry Christmas at the end of such a comment doesn't make a personal jibe more acceptable
Thank you Parksy,
But as I did not see the offending comment I do not know what was written.

Whilst I know this is off topic, but as it has just happened, I do wonder why some contributors to this and other forums think it's acceptable to cast personally abusive comments? Is it that anonymity of user names that brings a sender of immunity to them? Would they use the same language and bullying tactics of their full identity were known? Or talking face to face in public?

Unless the writer is particularly adept, the written word is devoid of all the other cues we use when communicating face to face. Intentional humour especially where based on previous correspondence can often be misconstrued, and might illicit the entire opposite reaction from the reader.

Differences of opinion will invariably arise, and that can lead to a healthy debate, but stick to the subject, not the personalities, especially in the technical threads, leave humour and to chit chat, and never even consider demeaning personal statements or cyber bullying tactics. Most of all the world is big enough to allow for many different opinions, sometimes we just have to accept there may be several ways to get from A to B some less direct, but can be more scenic.

Actually I did not think the post was offensive in anyway so nothing to worry about. If you get notifications the original text would be in the notification email and you can judge for yourself.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
When there's a vacancy for someone to second guess every moderator decision that I make I'll be sure to contact you Buckman, but in the meantime it makes no difference whether you judge a comment to be in need of moderators input or not. The moderators decision final.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts