Caravan had Service Today

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Took caravan in for its yearly service and it sailed straight through we brought it (New 2008) and this is the begining of our fourth year and we are going away for a few nights soon ...

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
It's always encouraging to read something positive about tourers, a casual browser of caravan related forums could be forgiven for thinking that every new caravan that leaves a factory, no matter who it was made by, is an expensive damp riddled wreck.
On forums we always read about what has gone wrong but like Beachball, our 4 year old Abbey 620 exceeded our expectations with no major problems and very few minor issues. We're off in the caravan for the weekend tomorrow
smiley-laughing.gif

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We've had our Swift for twelve years, and it's always sailed through it's services - no damp, nothing not working, and only routine jobs done! We have had the shower tray replaced twice. Once it fractured, and was replaced under warranty, and the second time it failed again and was replaced free of charge!
We can't complain about anything, except our initial experience with a faulty suspension rubber in the axle, but that was sorted out quickly between Swift and Alko, and the work done in days to allow us to continue our holiday. Yes, we've replaced the water pump because it failed, but I rather think that was due to the build up of debris and mould inside it, and not a manufacturing problem.
I can't fault our Swift, or our local dealer. As you say, not many people post about their positive experiences, so perhaps more of us who've had few problems ought to do so.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have to say that with the number of vans of all makes that I see each year, most are good with no problems.
Yes you do get the odd one or two that cause concern, but there is usually a reason behind the problems, mostly user error.

The main difference I find between new and older vans is the reduction in strength of fittings, flimsy panels and just lack of attention to detail and finish.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts