caravan insurance when stored in France

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
This topic has come up a couple of times.The usual answer is to find a french insurer,Perhapes the people where you are to store it can help

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The Camping and Caravan Club. I have two storage sites listed on my policy,one here in the U.K and one in France. We may go across to France in March or April, Do some touring, then leave the Van at a storage site in France, go home with out the van and then return 6-8 weeks later, do some more touring, back home then bring it home in the Autumn. Make sure you are completly truthful about the storage site, e.g clearly defined perimeter, Staff on site etc,etc. The caravan club may do the same.

Von Ryan

G

One other answer is to use a storage site that offers insurance while the van is with them. Like others I am giving it thought and note that one recommended site in Spain does indeed insure the van for you. I also have heard of another one near Valencia which according to my Dutch friends, do the same, but I have not checked it myself.

My own caravan insurance covers me for 240 days abroad in any 1 year, which I can increase to 365 so would easily cover me when I have the van on a site or move around, and if the storage Company will cover the period when I do not have it, it seems to me I have the problem solved...............or am I missing Clause 99???

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts