Caravan manouvering

Apr 27, 2006
Visit site
We're about to embark on getting a caravan , however I have a dilema about how to get the caravan into where it will be left on my driveway

Without boring you with the why's and wherefores to get the van into where it will be parked up I will have to , at some point move it as short distance sideways.

My question , is there anything on the market that will allow me to do this?

I know the recovery industry use dolly wheels to move cars but I dont know if these would do the job , or indeed if Joe Public can buy them

any help would be very welcome

Regards

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Conventional caravan "assisters" won't help you move sideways although they will assist if you can achieve your objective with lots of shuffling to-and-fro.

Machine Mart (49 stores nationwide) www.machinemart.co.uk sell dollies but these are small wheeled so only suitable for smooth surfaces.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
A friend had a similar problem with a race car trailer that he had to move directly side ways to give access to the side of his house.

He got some heavy duty rollers from a factory type conveyer, the sort where bits just roll from one erea to another.

The roller was set into the ground and a heavy piece of steel plate placed on top.

He reversed the vans so the wheels, when on the plate and with the jockey wheel pointing side ways he could easily push the trailer and car sideways about three feet, three slabs were then placed on the exposed rollers in the walk way. With plenty of grease on the roller bearings and grease under the plate it worked for over ten years until he moved house.

The house was bought by some people with a Caravan, they wanted to move into the area and it was the only property where they could get the van in :)

May 4, 2005
Visit site
No need for wheels, just put caravan wheels or something like formica or metal sheet and put washing up liquid over it and push. I have done this using a length of kitchen worktop to move my 1970's eccles topaz 'shed'. Brian (",)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts