Caravan Mirrors

Jun 11, 2005
Visit site
Has anyone with a Kia Sorento tried the Milenco or Repusel clamp on mirrors that clamp straight on to the cars own mirrors, and can you still position the cars own mirrors? At present I use mirrors with two rubber straps but they vibrate like mad no matter how tight the straps are.

Aug 7, 2005
Visit site
A friend of mine has a couple of those mirrors they clamp on to the top of the mirror housing only. They are very rigid when attached and you can still adjust your driving mirror wether it manual or electric. I have not got round to getting any yet as I am working abroad at the moment but when I return to the UK I will get a pair as my friend demonstrated them on my car which is a kia sedona. The only problem I can foresee whith this type of fixing is the paint on the colour coded mirrors may get rubbed off if you lose either of the rubber feet and dont notice. They do extend further than the ones with the straps. Ask your local dealer if he has some to try. My initial response when we put them on my car was that they are very good but I dont know about vibration, sorry

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have a Fronterra and I changed a few years ago from the strapo on mirrors to the milenco which clams to the top of the mirror housing. I find them excellent and I can also use the existing mirrors as well. I also have 2 rubber straps which clip onto the bottom of the mirror housing as double security so as if the mirrors get clipped by something going in the opposite direction they remain securely fitted to the car.

Aug 2, 2005
Visit site
I have a pair of the Milenco style mirrors which I screw to the top of the mirrors and also put straps from the bar to the bottom the mirror. They have been OK. The silvering is starting to go and whilst in a dealers I saw some new mirrors which are very similar but the straps are integral to the top brackets, they came as a pair with nearside one being convex. They also came in a drawstring bag and with spare straps and brackets. I have also bought some spare covers for the screws to protect the mirror head. The pair were about

Aug 2, 2005
Visit site
I have a pair of the Milenco style mirrors which I screw to the top of the mirrors and also put straps from the bar to the bottom the mirror. They have been OK. The silvering is starting to go and whilst in a dealers I saw some new mirrors which are very similar but the straps are integral to the top brackets, they came as a pair with nearside one being convex. They also came in a drawstring bag and with spare straps and brackets. I have also bought some spare covers for the screws to protect the mirror head. The pair were about

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Smat make a similar mirror that I have used for at least a decade.They are very vibration free and better quality than the Milenco.(There have been some postings about poor quality etc)

In PC the reviewers of caravan mirrors said that they were their favourites even when they they were not in the test .

I like the idea of the ones (see PC test) that stick onto the door mirror with suction and you can adjust them with the existing internal car mirror switch.

I asked about them on www.ukcampsite.co.uk and the replies so far are favourable

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
Hi other Clive,

I have a set of Milenco's bought after the PC survey recommended them as best buy - used them on a Shogun and Vectra and have tried them on my Trooper tow barge but they don't fit properly. The problem is the small gap between the glass and the housing on the car mirrors - check on your Sorento that you have at least 2mm clearance otherwise the car glass fouls the tow mirror clamps. This will make fittment tricky and the car mirror glass is jammed in position. I too have seen the CC survey which championed the suction mirrors - towsure have them on line. They are expensive but I am tempted to buy a set. Anybody used them?

David

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi David I wasn't sure if it was PC or CC that the test was on after I'd written it.

Have a look on www.ukcampsite.co.uk and do a search for Caravan Mirrors on the forum .

There are some comments worth reading

Jun 11, 2005
Visit site
Thanks everyone, I hav enow bought a set of Milenco clamp on mirrors and they are very steady. I phoned Milenco to ask why they came with a rubber strap and yet on their box two of the three photos show them fitted without the strap. Milenco say that for modern cars they can be fitted without the strap as the penetration under/above the mirror is sufficient to hold them in place when the clamps are tightened.

Cheers

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The under /over comment is so obvious but I had to see the mirror fitted underneath at the NEC to realise that it gave a much straighter profile for clamping on the Picasso which we had at the time.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi other Clive,

I have a set of Milenco's bought after the PC survey recommended them as best buy - used them on a Shogun and Vectra and have tried them on my Trooper tow barge but they don't fit properly. The problem is the small gap between the glass and the housing on the car mirrors - check on your Sorento that you have at least 2mm clearance otherwise the car glass fouls the tow mirror clamps. This will make fittment tricky and the car mirror glass is jammed in position. I too have seen the CC survey which championed the suction mirrors - towsure have them on line. They are expensive but I am tempted to buy a set. Anybody used them?

David
David, I too have the Milenco mirrors for my Vectra Estate, always have trouble fitting them, as the clamps keep fowling the Vectra mirror, and the Milenco mirror arm which is straight does not follow the contours of the Vectra mirror casing,So scared that I might break the outer Vectra mirror casing.

Roy

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
David, I too have the Milenco mirrors for my Vectra Estate, always have trouble fitting them, as the clamps keep fowling the Vectra mirror, and the Milenco mirror arm which is straight does not follow the contours of the Vectra mirror casing,So scared that I might break the outer Vectra mirror casing.

Roy
Hi Roy,

Yes aggree Vectra mirrors are tricky blighters - got round the problem of the curved top by fitting them on the bottom which is almost straight, could just get the clamps in without moving the car mirror but forget about adjusting electrically as they are jammed in position. Try it if you havn't already,I found it OK

David

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts