Caravan Sites in the Reims area

Mar 17, 2005
Visit site
Hi everybody

We are currently organising our June holiday to Annecy and funnily enough we have no problems with organising sites for our outward trip. However, we have to come home sometime and seem to be having a problem finding a one night stop over site - somewhere around Reims where we can get an evening meal and gently end our holiday, without having to drive.

We have stayed at Fismes Municiple site before but seem to think there were no retaurants nearby. Maybe you can put me right on that one.

I know there are a lot of experienced folk out there so see if you can help us out, would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Brian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We stayed over a few years ago at Guignincourt,(I don't have an atlas handy,so the spelling may be a little off) just off the autoroute a few miles north of Reims. It is a municipal site, but I think it calls itself 'Au Bord de l'Aine'. It was a pleasant site within easy walking distance of the town, where I am sure you would find somewhere to eat. We actually popped into the local supermarket and bought stuff to cook ourselves, so I can't suggest particular restaurants. I have to admit, we have generally found the immediate vicinity of Reims to be a bit lacking in campsites - we've visited to area many times, but have mostly stayed in hotels.

Mar 17, 2005
Visit site
We stayed over a few years ago at Guignincourt,(I don't have an atlas handy,so the spelling may be a little off) just off the autoroute a few miles north of Reims. It is a municipal site, but I think it calls itself 'Au Bord de l'Aine'. It was a pleasant site within easy walking distance of the town, where I am sure you would find somewhere to eat. We actually popped into the local supermarket and bought stuff to cook ourselves, so I can't suggest particular restaurants. I have to admit, we have generally found the immediate vicinity of Reims to be a bit lacking in campsites - we've visited to area many times, but have mostly stayed in hotels.
Thankyou for your reply. We are looking into the site you suggested. We have looked but haven't really found any sites in the area - hence our request.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Some years ago we stayed in the Municipal site La Chenaie in Laon, just north of Reims - which was absolutely fine for an overnight stay, and walking distance into the town. Laon is not touristy and we found a very good value restaurant - but there were several, including a supermarket with a cafeteria (which we've always found great for an overnight stop quick meal and shop at various other locations - but we didn't eat there this time).

Mar 17, 2005
Visit site
Some years ago we stayed in the Municipal site La Chenaie in Laon, just north of Reims - which was absolutely fine for an overnight stay, and walking distance into the town. Laon is not touristy and we found a very good value restaurant - but there were several, including a supermarket with a cafeteria (which we've always found great for an overnight stop quick meal and shop at various other locations - but we didn't eat there this time).
Again thanks for the reply - there does seem to be a lack of sites - we are looking at both sites mentioned - perhaps there is a commercial opportunity here

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts