CARAVAN TO SUIT HONDA CRV

Apr 12, 2006
Visit site
I have a 2003 Honda CRV 2.0 Petrol and I am thinking of buying a new or nearly new caravan. I need a 5 or 6 berth caravan to accommodate all my family and need any advice on what vans I can tow. The max tow weight for the CRV is 1500kg but my main concern is the max nose weight of 60kg.

Can anyone suggest suitable 5 OR 6 berth caravans I can safely tow?

STEVE L.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Steve, I towed a Compass 5 berth with MPTLM of 1350kg with a manual 2L and it was a competent tow car without being brilliant. It was also very reliable and I got 35000 miles from the tyres and it was on original clutch when I replaced it with the diesel variant recently.

As you know the 60kg noseweight limit of 60kg is a limiting factor but with careful loading and two 7kg gas bottles and aqua role in the front locker I could acheive it. The spare wheel was below the floor behind the axle.

With regards to which caravans you can tow with the answer would be most that are within the cars towing limit with a bit of careful loading. The noseweight is not in my experience directly related to the length or weight of the van and I have had smallish two berths with high ex works weight.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts