caravan towing courses

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi all

We are new to towing a caravan and feel it wise to go on a course , we are in Southport/lancashire area, anyone know where and how often they are held ?? (hubby scraped side of van on gate post and has suffered massive loss of confidence)

Thanks !

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As new caravanners why don't you join the Caravan Club and go on one of their courses. As a member you will also get very useful handbook which is full of information including technical, club sites, CLs, etc.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
As new caravanners why don't you join the Caravan Club and go on one of their courses. As a member you will also get very useful handbook which is full of information including technical, club sites, CLs, etc.
Thanks will do !

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tina, I can highly recommend the Cravan Club Course, which both my husband and I went on (did that sound like the Queen?) at Preston earlier this year. Join the CC and do it. I had never towed before but having been on the course I now tow regularly. My husband can now reverse on to a pitch without ramming our caravan into a hedge and without creating a massive spectator sport for the rest of the people on site!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tina,

The CC towing courses are really wothwhile doing, particually if you've never towed before. I found the course gave me confidence for towing & also reversing onto pitches & into tight spaces. Highly recommended & money well spent!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As a bit of a variation on the theme of the replies thus far, the Camping & Caravanning Club run good courses too (I am simply a satisfied customer!) - their website gives details of where/when/cost/etc.

Martin, Northampton

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you want to go on and do the Advanced Towing test, do the Camping & Caravan Club course. The Caravan Club course is similar but is NO LONGER accepted as a mandatory pre-requisite by the IAM.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tina

we joined the Caravan Club and went in March on a towing course at myerscough college in preston

We had a great time the course was well run and everyone was so friendly.

Michelle

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts