Caravan Warranty

May 24, 2006
Visit site
My Eldis Odyessy will be 3 years old in Septemebr this year. It is only by chance that I have discovered that it is imperative that the 'van is serviced before the 3rd aniversary of purchase. If a problem is discovered at this 3rd service you will only be able to claim under the warranty if the service date is prior to this 3rd anivisary date. My 'van has already had major work done on it due to rear-end leak so I am obviously very cautious - has anyone else either fallen foul of this or was not aware of how important this date is to cover yourself - you have been warned!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello John,

You may not be aware of the difference between your statutory rights, and a manufactures warranty.

As a purchaser from a retailer, the retailer (Not the manufacture) is legally responsible to ensure the product is fit for purpose and free of defects. Your leak (if it was not caused by damage) would probably come under this legislation.

The manufactures warranty is very different kettle of fish, It is not a legal requirement that a manufacture offers such a warranty, and so it is technically in the gift of the manufacture, and they can place binding restrictions on its eligibility.

There is third category and that is the extended warranty for which you pay. This is in fact an insurance premium, and as with all insurance schemes you enter a contract with the insurer. If you break the terms of the contract the insurer can withdraw cover or decline liability.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts