Caravan window stay - broken

Jul 7, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone could tell me if window stays are pretty universal? One of ours has broken on a side window and trying to source a replacement but worried that if we get something different the holes wont match up? From some brief googling it looks like there are a couple of different types but assume as long as I get ones that look like mine they will be right?? TIA

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Yes it’s not uncommon. Take your measurements and if required a photo and talk to a supplier of accessories if you have any doubt of a good match for the replacement.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
When ours broke I was advised by the local dealers that there are two different types so you do need to identify which you have. I just took it off and went to the dealer to see which I needed and found the one I needed.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
There are two types, one ratchet version which clicks in a number of predetermined positions and the other with a knob that can be used to tighten in any desired position. Both types are offered in at least two different lengths, but to my knowledge the screw attachment points are common throughout.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Madsking23 said:
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone could tell me if window stays are pretty universal? One of ours has broken on a side window and trying to source a replacement but worried that if we get something different the holes wont match up? From some brief googling it looks like there are a couple of different types but assume as long as I get ones that look like mine they will be right?? TIA

Be careful here as there are several combinations of types, lengths, colours and left-hand or right-hand.

https://www.leisureshopdirect.com/ventilation/window-stays-polyplastic/polyplastic-window-stays-with-lever-lock
https://www.leisureshopdirect.com/search/?q=seitz window stays

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts