Caravan Winter Covers

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi to all,
We have been caravaning for about 20 years and keep our caravan in storage when not in use, this storage is about 20 miles away.
What I'm looking at is the winter covers that are available for the wintewr storage period, and hopefully maybe some feedback.
Are they any good.
Value for money....is there a good brand name to go for.
Any other valid comments.
Thanks

Steve.

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
I bought one for my van and wish I hadn't bothered. The snow stayed sat on my roof for days, the cover didn't dry very quickly and to top it all when I took it off, I had gray markes where the cover had touched. Marks did come off pretty easily I must say.
The cover cost a fortune, can't remember to make, but as caravans are made for outside, they should be fit for the job. Just give good wax and polish and she should be good.

Personal opinion....

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
There are fitted covers which are made specifically for your caravan (expensive) or off the peg covers which span various size ranges.
Our caravan is stored inside a barn under cover now but we bought an off the peg cover when the caravan was stored outside.
The cover was awkward to put on and remove, a bit of a struggle in fact and the material looked as though it would tear easily so great care was needed.
The cover cut down on the grime from air pollution and it could be argued that a cover might deter thieves.
Unless the caravan was stored near to trees or in an urban area with air borne traffic pollution etc I doubt if we'd bother again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts