caravaning spain

Mar 30, 2007
Visit site
not one for keeping interesting and informative info to my self, just found this web site that has a massive stock of permanently sited caravans on the costa... must go, gunna go pack my bags www.sunseekercaravans.com

Mar 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Neil

I strongly suggest you slow down a bit, Have you been to any of these sites. Some of them are like ghettos that are full of the older generation who cannot get away quick enough,mainly because of the ground rents going up every year,and you have to buy your gas from the site owner and your electricity is metered at the site rate.If you look closely all you are getting is a caravan with an awning and maybe enough space to park your car, we know of people trying to sell up,and they are finding it very difficult as the site owner also takes his cut of the profits as well. all the best allen

Mar 30, 2007
Visit site
thanks allen.. i've taken on board all the points you have brought up, though we do still have a keen interest and since speakin to geoff from the website he's cleared up a few things but i wont go in to detail just yet.. we're planning a viewing holiday later this month so i'll fill you in after that..

maybe your friends who are having trouble selling there caravan should get in contact with him he seemed to know what he was talking about.. the sun and the sea are all just too tempting, thanks again Neil

Mar 30, 2007
Visit site
Finally just got back from a fantastic viewing holiday on the Costa Brava, Spain. This was all arranged with the help of Geoff at Sunseeker caravans. All worries were put at rest the moment we entered the site at Camping Villamar, the pool, the restaurant, the views were all stunning, and the price! we found ourself a lovely Hobby and awning, sited for less than 20 thousand with all the house hold amenity's you would expect, cooker, fridge freezer, washing machine, reclining chair, sofa, tv and dvd player. The ground rents a reasonable

DJM

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Neil,

Another option, which I use, is store my van at a reputable inside storage facility in Spain - cost 530 euros per year. Then they tow your van to a local site of your choice, if you fly down using cheap airlines, or you drive down and collect your van and off you go. Much cheaper than

Jul 22, 2006
Visit site
Hi We actually have a static caravan at La Manga and own the plot of land it is on and pay an annual communidade for electricity and water of 1,000 euros per annum.

Mar 30, 2007
Visit site
Bit strange this, it's like me braggin to someone in London how much cheaper my 3 bedroom house in Manchester was compared to theirs...

I chose Benidorm for the night life and the hussle and bussle which i'm not going to get in Santa Pola, i know.

I'm a 15 minute walk from the town center and my caravan is set up constantly, no need to keep erecting the awning, arranging for delivery of my caravan, setting out the kitchen, tiling the patio and laying ceramic tiles in the awning! When i get on the plane to go on holiday i know what's waiting for me at the other end.

All caravans around this area are priced around the same amount depending on their spec. I don't suspect the genuine, couldn't do enough to help, reliable and thankfully honest company Sunseekercaravans did make a massive amount of money out of my purchase, they work as agents for Joe Bloggs the man on the street.

Also the price I pay for my rent is very reasonable for this area, again with reference to the whole London/Manchester scenario.

Jan 3, 2007
Visit site
Neil.....Why did you put this post on the forum in the first place?

Was it just o tell everyone about how good this company was?

Was it to get comment and debate from others?

Or was their another objective?

I don't think anyone who replied actually ctiticised the decision you made all. I used Santa Pola as an example and I agree it would not suit everyone but of course neither would a campsite in the heart of Benidorm city.

The other posters, including me, only suggested alternative ways and pointed out some of the pitfalls!

I have met many people who have done what you did and they would'nt have it any other way. However, there are also a lot of people who have been drawn into buying this type of fixed caravan on a static pitch and they have lost thousands of pounds. They are easier to buy than to sell!

I don't want to be alarmist but, as I said before, the Spanish authorities are clamping down and one of the latest rules being applied to caravan parks is that All Caravans must be able to be moved off site within 2/4 hours. This rule is being introduced to to remove the "semi permenant" status of many caravans in Spain. The ones that have full fitted kitchens, including washing machines in the awnings. Wooden floors and permennant patio areas are being removed and fixed, permenant water and drainage connections are not going to be accepted.

Further south of Benidorm they are already applying these rules but I suppose the company you dealt with told you all this before you entered into any contact!

Sincerely, I really do hope you enjoy your place in the sun.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts