Caravans with trackers

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
A quick note to members intending on travelling abroad.
I have just had a concerning conversation with my insurance company.
We were planning to go to Switzerland through Germany in the summer with our Pegasus.
According to Tracker, these countries are outside of the coverage for the Tracker system fitted as standard. The system works in the UK, France, Spain & Italy.
This means while in these countries I would be uninsured for unattended theft as the Tracker would not be active.
Anyone travelling abroad should check this with their insurance company and if necessary remove the Tracker discount.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
The thing is there is a chance in a million that your caravan would be stolen in Switzerland, Germany or Austria. We do not have a tracker and do not want one personally as uneccesary where we visit those countries. We, in this country, have 4 devices plus an intruder and steady Alarm. But do not take many abroad with us.

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
Update.
After phoning my insurance company to complain that it should have been made clear when I took my insurance policy including full european usage out I was not informed there was a posibility that I would not be fully covered in a large part of Europe, they investigated further and contacted the underwriters. They have come back that for a £10 admin fee they will amend the policy to cover up to 2 weeks with the Tracker off coverage. I have to phone them with my travel details if I wish to go ahead.
The matter has been refered to managers and they are considering amending their policy booklets to make this issue clear.
I recommend that you let your insurance co. know if you think this could be an issue for you so they can't wriggle out of any claim if the worst should happen.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts