Carver motor mover manual

Jun 2, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone, newbie here.
Does anybody know where I can get a carver motor mover manual?
The mover was already fitted when we got the caravan recently but no manual for the mover.
The problem is that the handset has stopped working properly ( on/off button is decidely temperamental) and it looks like a new hand unit, or new universal unit, has to be paired with the mover itself and I've got no idea how to do it.
Any help gratefully received.
Cheers.
Steve.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
SteveM54 said:
Hi everyone, newbie here.
Does anybody know where I can get a carver motor mover manual?
The mover was already fitted when we got the caravan recently but no manual for the mover.
The problem is that the handset has stopped working properly ( on/off button is decidely temperamental) and it looks like a new hand unit, or new universal unit, has to be paired with the mover itself and I've got no idea how to do it.
Any help gratefully received.
Cheers.
Steve.

My handset played up and wouldn’t switch on properly. On changing the batteries I noted that they were not held firmly in place as the cover was replaced. On the cover there is a shallow lip that’s supposed to push against the batteries to maintain a good contact. So mine now has a small piece of toilet paper rolled like a Rizla and the on-off works 100%. I think that the handset design isn’t good as the cover requires a very small spectacle -type screwdriver to remove it. Something everyone carries in their shirt pocket. There’s one now kept in the remotes plastic bag along with the isolator key.

Jun 2, 2019
Visit site
Thanks Otherclive, I tried all that, even held the batteries in with my fingers and wiggled, no better. It'sdefinitely a dodgy switch. Probably doesn't help that it's now been left out in the rain!
Cheers.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The carver went off the market not long after Truma bought them although the subsequent Truma model may be an updated version of it I would check with Truma to see what they say but the unit should just work once you have it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The Carver Group only sold their interests in touring Caravan heating (inc. Water heaters) water systems and mover business to Truma at the turn of the century. Carver continues with a portfolio of international businesses.

Truma took on all the development and support of the Carver touring caravanning products.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts