Cash - coins or card only - Peage exits.

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
We came across one of these on our second day in France leaving the E70 south of Chambery. Fortunately we had sufficient change left over from last year as there seemed to be no obvious slot for notes.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
These unmanned (un-personned ?) gates are becoming more widespread, particularly where low traffic flow and/or off-peak hours. They can be a bit confusing first time. You are given a choice - by pressing a button or not - whether to have a recepit. I always do. The transaction is extremely fast and does not involve putting in your PIN. Last trip i used these gates for both very short and very long toll legs with costs from just over 1 euro up to nearly 40 and it was all fine and showed up clearly on the statements. Not sure what you do if the card doesn't work, though.

Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Hello Mike E. Yes there is a slot for euronotes. The machine we used did not take 50 euro notes however and I had left the CC in the safe in the van. Our toll was 35 euros: fortunately we had sufficient cash to get through but we were panicking a bit as there was a queue behind us.

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
OK - this only applies to certain toll roads (tunnels) in Belgium - but they have started giving a discount (about 10% to 20%) to people who use credit (or debit) cards via the automated booths rather than full price if you pay cash via the manned kiosk.

Robert

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Robert, you refer to "certain toll roads (tunnels) in Belgium". I am a bit surprised at your use of the plural as I am only aware of the Liefkenshoektunnel as a toll road. What other toll roads are there?

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Didn't make any difference to me last year. There was only me and my grandaughter in the car. At every peage I had to get out the car walk to the kiosk, get a strange look from the person until they realised there was no one in the front seat.

I know what your going to ask "why didn't you get your grandaughter to do it"?

She is under 10 years and not allowed in the front seat, and there was no space to pull the car forward so she could do it from the back.

Luckily they were all manned, not sure how it would have worked on an automatic one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts