chateau de galinee

Mar 19, 2006
Visit site
Have booked this site through the caravan club in july and would like some views please if any one has been? also how far from st malo is the site & not sure about elec hook ups in france do you need anthing to adapt ? thanks paul

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you use the search engine in the blue box at the top of the forum, and put in 'electric hookups' or similar, you'll find one of the many postings on here about it.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Paul, Sorry I do not know that site but to find out the distance or route plan in France try www.mappy.com it is French site but you can click on English it enables you to input start and finish point and also any towns you want to go through that might take you off the quickest route.

In addition you can put that you are towing a caravan and it will give you directions ,distances,times,fuel costs,toll charges,route map and possibly just as important the locations of speed cameras.

Included in the directions are pictures of the road signs so that you know what to expect.

Hope this helps.

Mar 19, 2006
Visit site
Paul, Sorry I do not know that site but to find out the distance or route plan in France try www.mappy.com it is French site but you can click on English it enables you to input start and finish point and also any towns you want to go through that might take you off the quickest route.

In addition you can put that you are towing a caravan and it will give you directions ,distances,times,fuel costs,toll charges,route map and possibly just as important the locations of speed cameras.

Included in the directions are pictures of the road signs so that you know what to expect.

Hope this helps.
Thank you one and all for info, paul

Dec 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Paul, I've also booked this site through the caravan club for the beginning of August although we are sailing into Caen. On the route map I have done St Malo is approx 15 miles from the site. I also placed a request for information about this site on the Practical Caravan Forum and received some fairly positve comments about it. Have a good holiday.

Mar 19, 2006
Visit site
Hi Paul, I've also booked this site through the caravan club for the beginning of August although we are sailing into Caen. On the route map I have done St Malo is approx 15 miles from the site. I also placed a request for information about this site on the Practical Caravan Forum and received some fairly positve comments about it. Have a good holiday.
Thanks jill that makes me feel better! never towed in france before although have driven there a few times and stayed in benodet . How come your not sailing to st malo? Hope you have a good time as well,just got back from windy wales,hope weather is better in france! paul

Dec 15, 2005
Visit site
Thanks jill that makes me feel better! never towed in france before although have driven there a few times and stayed in benodet . How come your not sailing to st malo? Hope you have a good time as well,just got back from windy wales,hope weather is better in france! paul
Hi Paul, this will be our third time in France with the Caravan and on both previous occassions have sailed into Caen. We did look at the St Malo route this year but it was very expensive so opted for Caen again. Jill

Mar 19, 2006
Visit site
Hi Paul, this will be our third time in France with the Caravan and on both previous occassions have sailed into Caen. We did look at the St Malo route this year but it was very expensive so opted for Caen again. Jill
Your right gill st malo is very expensive i just wanted the shortest possible tow in france as we are new to caravaning in general,we only got the van in jan and have been away three times. paul

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts