Chateau de la Grenouillere (Loire)

May 13, 2006
Visit site
Could anyone let me know if they have been to this site before. We will be going in August next year. What is the quality like i.e. site itself restaurant etc and are the pitches of good sizes? and is there any must see's round about we have 2 teenagers and a 7 year old

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

We are going there in august to; maybe we will see you there. My sister in law picked it so it better be good or ELSE there will be trouble. Mind you all i have to do is look behind me.

Bye Bye Richard W

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We were there three or four years ago. As far as I remember the pitches were fairly big and accessible, plenty of sun (smallish trees, only in the part where we were). The site has a small bar - which was full and very friendly when we were there - but we didn't use the restaurant. The sanitary block was clean, and warm (we were there end of season) and the site was within driving distance of the Loire Chateau areas. The nearest large supermarket was in Blois (as far as I can remember). There's a moat around the 'castle' in which the campsite is situated, and lots of ducks, so the 7 year old should be happy - however, there were lots of midges as a result - take plenty of repellant.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts