Checking mileage is real?

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
I am interested in renault traffic campervan/home. Is it possible like many of the earlier cars to remove tha speedo and wind it back thus showing a lower mileage than really done? Any way of telling if this has been done (apart from obvious condition of course)?

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I suspect most older vans - with mechanical mileometers rather than electronic LCD ones - CAN be "clocked," by someone with the right know-how.
A sheaf of old MOT certificates, with the optional "mileage" box filled in, would be a good bet, but I wonder how many older vehicles have those in the glovebox.
Condition is your only real guide - and do bear in mind that, unless they're used as a main vehicle, most motorhomes quite genuinely do much lower mileages than cars.

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
There is a way to check mileage through old MOT tests even if you don't have the paper copies.
Go to :- https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history-vehicle
You will need the vehicle's document reference number from the V5C registration certificate (Log Book) which an honest seller should be willing to provide - if not, then they've got something to hide !!!
MOT records go back to 2005 so even if the vehicle is older than this, at least it will give you some indication over the last 9 years :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts