Christmas radio times

Sep 14, 2006
Visit site
Just bought the double issue of the Radio times, glad to see that the BBC have not crumbled under all this "politicaly correct" pressure at the moment. On the front cover is Father Christmas and written underneath in plain english it says "Merry Christmas". At least the BBC retain their values for the time being.

A work colleauge told me that his little boy came home from school the other day with all the christmas cards he took in. When he asked him why his boy told him that the school did not want cards to be exchanged because it might offend the other faiths at the school.

When/where will it all end ?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Danny,

It is beyond belief isn't it? We live in a Christian country and we are being told we might offend other faiths. Well that's tough I say. I work in the Middle East and not so long ago had a copy of Lincolnshire Life in my hand luggage, which had a photograph of Lincoln Cathedral on the front cover. As I went through customs the officer took the magazine out of my bag looked at the front page and then launched it across the airport. What's good for one eh........

G

Fully agree. I have also had that type of experience, and even worse from these so called 'superior beings'. This being a family Forum forbids me from going into to detail of some of the antics that were perpetrated, especially on expat wives. I think it is the sheer hypocrisy that gets me, at home it is all fundamentalism, outside and anything goes.

The problem lies as usual with our glorious PM. He seems to have this unswerving commitment to destroying everything this country has ever held as important. You don't think he is a KGB plant do you? He may be 'poodle' to both superpoers.

May 29, 2006
Visit site
Vote for the BNP. We are not racist before anybody gets on their high horse. We want exactly what the last two respondants have hinted at. Please look at the policies, you will be pleasently surprised.

G

Unfortunately, I cannot share your sentiments. While the BNP undoubtedly express thoughts that stir feelings within my psyche, I would not be able to support them as a Party as they are unable to rationalise their Policies into anything that could be accepted by mainstream voters. While I most certainly do not agree with what has been happening inside our parliamentary system, the BNP have chosen to position themselves outside of democracy, and history clearly tells us what the consequences of supporting that can bring about.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Fully agree. I have also had that type of experience, and even worse from these so called 'superior beings'. This being a family Forum forbids me from going into to detail of some of the antics that were perpetrated, especially on expat wives. I think it is the sheer hypocrisy that gets me, at home it is all fundamentalism, outside and anything goes.

The problem lies as usual with our glorious PM. He seems to have this unswerving commitment to destroying everything this country has ever held as important. You don't think he is a KGB plant do you? He may be 'poodle' to both superpoers.
You didn't misspell that last word, did you, Scotch Lad.

G

You didn't misspell that last word, did you, Scotch Lad.
Yes, there should have been a 'w', but maybe it describes him better without it.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Let me tell you, my in laws ,who are Hindus from India, have all got their Xmas decorations up. A lot of my customers are Muslims from Pakistan have been wishing me a happy Christmas.

I really think this PC rubbish is a "white thing".

And another thing, if Jesus really existed, I won't go into my beliefs here, a couple of things are for sure,

he was niether "White" nor was he "British"

Call it what you like, just enjoy it.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Brian (",)

Sep 14, 2006
Visit site
Nobody ever said Jesus was white or British. The point I am putting over is that in todays modern world us " British " people seem to have tread very carefully in what we do in fear of upsetting someone.

When it comes to school children not being able to exchange christmas cards for fear of retribution something is clearly wrong.

In yesterdays Daily Express a column featured the crusade for common sense, the point being made that other faiths feel excluded at this time of year, Why ? They have their own celebrations and we do'nt feel excluded do we.

Remember recently the B A employee sent home for wearing a cross, she was a relgious person and a practising christian the cross was the sign of her faith but she was excluded.

Also in the paper it featured corporate christmas cards with the word christmas dropped and seasons greetings instead, whatever next I ask...................

May 4, 2005
Visit site
You missed my point Danny, my wife is from India and I have dealings with all sorts of cultures and I can honestly say I have never met anyone offended by Christmas in fact the opposite applies as they join in with the celebrations.

The White and British comment backs up my point that this is a time for all so why should British Whites be afraid of upsetting people?

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
All these people who come to OUR country should have to fit into OUR way of life NOT the other way round if they dont like it they should either go somewhere else where they fit in or they should stay where they come from.

Im not a christian but i celebrate christmas because its a special time of year and the kids love it even more than me.

Why should we have to bow down to the MINORITY all the time you should see the so called xmas lights in our town there not even christmassy cos they dont want to up set the muslim community but they built a mosque and didnt take into account my feelings.

They should have listened to Mr Powell all those years ago.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
All these people who come to OUR country should have to fit into OUR way of life NOT the other way round if they dont like it they should either go somewhere else where they fit in or they should stay where they come from.

Im not a christian but i celebrate christmas because its a special time of year and the kids love it even more than me.

Why should we have to bow down to the MINORITY all the time you should see the so called xmas lights in our town there not even christmassy cos they dont want to up set the muslim community but they built a mosque and didnt take into account my feelings.

They should have listened to Mr Powell all those years ago.
Hi Andrew,

I agree 100% with your comments, well said. I think the majority of the UK population would like to say the same. However, for whatever reason we never stick together. We should behave more like the French, then we might get somewhere.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts