Chuffed

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have just bought a new Bailey Ranger 470/4 which I tow behind my 2004 VW Golf 2.0 TDI. At 31 it's my first caravan. The worries I had with towing were completely gone after my first few miles- I was told not to let the caravan scare me and that was the best advice I got- a match with towsafe of 81% means that the outfit performs brilliantly.

We have now been away for the last 5 weekends travelling to York, Peak District, Hertford, Gloucestershire and Oxford from our home in Peterborough. We have been through gales, rain, snow and sun and not once have we had a bad time. In the peak district we pitched and set up the van in the windiest, wettest conditions i have seen- of course when we were done and inside the sun shone! I am not really looking forward to peak season! As members of the CC and the C&CC we have been enjoying relatively quiet sites and now find that we are having ftrouble getting into some sites for the coming weekends! At least we have a booking for the forthcoming bank holiday.

Anyway, if anyone is thinking of getting a van then go for it! We get the mickey taken out of us by colleagues and friends but I can honestly say that we love it. The stresses of work disappear when I have a tea in my hand and am looking at the wildlife out the window of my Ranger!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I can't agree with you more. We both have stressful jobs and to get away even in the middle of winter is brilliant. We have made loads of mistakes and learnt from them. One weekend our gas froze and our water. It took us to mid morning before we could get a cuppa and a wash! We were on a CL at the time. Like you our family and friends take the mickey all the time and can't understand the attraction. They still have visions of gas mantles, insects and roughing it. They are utterly gobsmacked when we show them the van with heating and a bathroom that puts my one at home to shame. Let them laugh, at least they won't be tempted to follow us!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts