citreon c5 estate sx 2.2

Jun 26, 2005
Visit site
Hello great site,

Could any body help me, iv`e just purchased a 4 berth hobby prestige 1998 1600kg. I need to get rid of my zafira i like the citeron c5 estate but i`d thought id ask the people that know. Ie caravaners

Could any body tell me a suitable car not 4x4

Thank Mark budd

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi i have a C5 and im very happy with it ,its a great tow car .

Im sure the C5 hatch back has a greater towing weight capacity than the estate,mine is a 2ltr HDI VTR THE MAX TOWING RECOMENDED IS 15000KG .Hobbies are usualy heavy caravans so check it with your dealer .Also check with a Citroen agenton the recomended towing capacity of your car .Remember the max recomended towing weights are for experieced towers,if your new to towing you should keep to the 85%rule which is car=100kg ,caravan =850kg.

Finaly check with your motor insurance company,give them the type and MTPLM of your caravan and they will tell youif its OK

God forbib but if you had an accident they would not cover you if the car /caravan weight ratio were not compatible.

I hope ive not sounded like a doom & gloom merchant ,I hope you get fixed up with caravan & car and enjoy this great passtime

Coljac

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As stated by coljac, the max tow for the C5 is 1500kgs, kerbweight 1505 ish. try to stick to the 85% area and its a great towcar.

Brian

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mark,

I used to own a C5 SX 2.2HDI Estate, the good news is it is an excellent tow car, the bad news is it has a maximum tow weight of 1500kg which means your Hobby is too heavy for it [legally],this is the reason we changed the car as our new van was right on its limit.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
If you really want a Citroen C5 estate, then the HDI 135 diesel is the only one which will be able to tow a 1600kg caravan legally (and that only applies to the manual, not the automatic which has a 1300kg limit).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts