Citroen C5 2.0 HDi

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
Has anyone experience with one of these? I have been led to believe that they are unreliable, especially on the electronics side. We are quite keen to buy an estate 138bhp version (if we can locate one)because we have had Citroens in the past and like them, in particular the suspension. Now I'm beginning to wonder and I'm not sure what the alternatives might be.

Jun 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi, check out the Warranty Direct Reliabilty Index and you might be pleasantly surprised. Also use the link to NCAP and you will see them as getting a good safety rating too. I have had Citroens in the past and they have been trouble free, and a friend has 4 year old C5 that has done over 150000 miles and has been a tow car since new.

Other Clive

Apr 23, 2006
Visit site
I have a 7 month old c5 and would highly reccomend it for its

(45 mpg on average}and also for its towing capabilities,

this is especially apparant with its self levelling suspension

Hope this helps

Graham

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi I just bought an 02 C5 last Saturday and I like it I think Citroen has come a long way mine has 38000 miles on the the clock and the big bonus for me is it came with towbar and twin electrics fitted by previous owner and in a few years I will trade it in for a newer C5 as I think it is the best car I have had to date.

Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

apologies for the tardy relpy -haven't checked the site much lately. I have a C5 2.2 138bhp 51 plate - and have had for about 18months.

Tows our Avondale argente 2 birth like a dream..

I think my electrics are a bit eccentric - no failures as such but a few odd moments - like the left indicator on the van not working - but no fault on the car or the van and now it works. Also one worrying moment on the M25 when the car seemed to cut out and then restart. - No apparent fault afterwards and the tow back on both occassions was fine ! 99% of the team it's been okay - so i wait and see.

I have taken out a warranty with warranty direct - but thats more because it's a complicated car and the towing does test any vehicle.

ONE BIG thing to watch out for if is that some C5's (i think it's the older 2.2's have a filter and a fluid called EOLYS (I think) - it's in the boot somewhere and it costs a lot to have done - it needs doing at 50,000miles and the filter is about

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
Thanks folks, that'll really please the other half. All we have to do now is sell the Peugeot 206 to fund the purchase. Oh, and actually FIND a used 138bhp C5 estate!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts