CL and CS search quality

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
On one of my routine forays to Leicester I had a bit of time to kill last night as Not the 9 o clock news was cancelled so I decided to look at CL CS sites in Suffolk.

Whilst the CAMHC website was a pleasure to use even on a mobile the CCC was like something 20 years ago. CLs were mainly described by a photo gallery, information on local pubs, attractions etc and reviews. Overall the presentation and information was excellent.
In comparison the CS information was sparse, the web search was haphazard to say the least. Few photo gallery shots, no reviews. In summary little really attract you to one or the other. It was like reading the paper handbook.

The CMHC CL were really making an effort to sell their wares. I am sure the CCC CS are very good but going by the information available to make a choice it’s CL 10 points. CS null pointe!

Problem is there are now so many attractive CL some like mini CMHC sites I can’t make a decision. Must persevere when I get back to base tomorrow.

Sep 12, 2018
Visit site
The CCC website was 'updated' a short while ago and since then trying to use it on a phone is not the most pleasant experience. You are correct about the lack of reviews, they are currently having issues displaying reviews at the moment although say that they will be back soon.

On a laptop the website seems to work without issues although again no reviews.

I agree with you about the the lack of information and photos on CS sites, it's frustrating when trying to plan a trip away.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Danuk said:
The CCC website was 'updated' a short while ago and since then trying to use it on a phone is not the most pleasant experience. You are correct about the lack of reviews, they are currently having issues displaying reviews at the moment although say that they will be back soon.

On a laptop the website seems to work without issues although again no reviews.

I agree with you about the the lack of information and photos on CS sites, it's frustrating when trying to plan a trip away.

It’s like comparing holiday brochures from two companies. One gets you excited with too much choice. The other gets you to a point where you say to yourself “ I suppose that one will be okay” but without any real sense of anticipation.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't help when Google Maps isnt updated by about 2 or 3 years and you look at somewhere that you think you're going to enjoy and it looks like a field like what happened to us at Easter ; had never been to this new CL site that only been opened a few days when we got there and it looks like we were entering a building site on Google Maps but when we got there as you's will have seen the pictures it was absolutely lovely hence booked in at the end of the month for the long weekend again .

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I never use C andCC website on a phone but on tablet and pc it’s fine. No reviews though since the update. The advantage with this site is that you can search if you only have a vague idea of geography whereas on CMHC site you have to know county and then scroll through every town listed. Surprised any sites in Winchester ever get any bookings. Neither website is perfect. Another word of warning is that both sites use mapping directions whereas the print versions give appropriate directions.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I use the C&CC site finder using my laptop, but I have to say that I preferred the pre-upgrade version.
The new "improved" site search is more awkward to navigate, the old version showed a map with nearby sites whereas the new version just provides a list.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Nevet used a CL or CS... We joined the C&CC when we started caravanning as we thought we'd still probably use the tent we had and still needed full onsite facilities, so thought CLs were bring your own. As our tent(s) remained unused and got sold off and we upgraded we then joined the Caravan Club to use a club site in the Lakes but we have since let the C&CC membership lapse despite using more C&CC sites in our first year in the Sprite.

Although I like the Freindly Club sites, Caravan Club ones always seem better. However CLs with shower blocks now seem to be a thing, but are very popular as they were all booked up last time I tried! At least they were easy to find and filter with CAMC!

Mar 8, 2017
wandering.me.uk
I agree that both the CMC and C&CC websites are abysmal in terms of speed and help in finding camp sites, they have both regressed badly this year to the point that they are now too frustrating to use.

I find the best website to search with is currently ukcampsite.co.uk it is quick and has very helpful search filters. You may have to register to use all the websites facilities, I'm not sure on that aspect since I have been registered for several years. The site search facility does have the ability to filter out all but CS & CS sites.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts