Clubs lack of advice.

Page 4 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2018
Visit site
When I first posted this thread I of course had no idea how extreme things were going to get. We are naturally missing our trips away and would have been in Dorset by now for a couple of weeks.
Although in our early sixties we are in the at risk category, my wife is blind and I have COPD (years of blowing out brake drums, before asbestos was bad). I should be locked down, but 3 of our neighbours are elderly and frail with no means of shopping, so once a week I shop for us all.
Years of low interest rates have deterred savers and created a generation living on credit with no back up, this is coming home to roost now.
My big fear is rampant inflation, like Germany after the war, a wheelbarrow full of Marks for a loaf of bread, our savings supposed to last until we get the belated pensions (if they will still be there) may not go far at all.

Good luck to you all, stay safe. Steve & Linda.
In case you are curios about our user name, Twoclots is from an old book, Two Clots in a Camper.

Reactions: Hutch and JezzerB
Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I know plenty of the self employed and they are doing very nicely thank you if what they have charge me is anything to go by, I can't see why all of a sudden they are crying poverty, take for example the roof tiler from scotland who was on TV he has now finished his business, I know a local roofing business and he will not turn out for less than a £1000, I had my chimney repointed last year by a chap who just points chimneys and it was £50 for just going on the roof, an hour and a half later thank you very much. £220,

Reactions: JezzerB
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I know plenty of the self employed and they are doing very nicely thank you if what they have charge me is anything to go by, I can't see why all of a sudden they are crying poverty, take for example the roof tiler from scotland who was on TV he has now finished his business, I know a local roofing business and he will not turn out for less than a £1000, I had my chimney repointed last year by a chap who just points chimneys and it was £50 for just going on the roof, an hour and a half later thank you very much. £220,

I had my chimney repointed last year by a chap who just points chimneys and it was £50 for just going on the roof, an hour and a half later thank you very much. £220,

Good job he didnt do it safely then..........scaffold to chimney another £500 to £600:rolleyes:

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
My son is a self employed Sound engineer, All Theater work shut down, all festivals closed, lives in London , has to pay a fortune for rent. No work, his savings going on his rent now. Thankfully he is now home out of London.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts