CMHC membership for children turning 18?

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
OK, this really is one for the CMHC but as it's only just popped into my head and the CMHC offices are likely closed I was curious if anyone knew the answer from experience.

We have joint membership for my wife and I, our daughter turned 18 last year (August). I have just had my renewal notice come through and noticed it states clearly "2 adults, extra adult membership is another £8". Since our daughter turned 18, have I been paying non-member adult prices for her???

I'll increase our membership to cover her as an adult, but just curious if anyone else had missed this, I certainly did and in an effort to save money where possible on pitch prices this seems a good saving for an additional £8 a year!

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Come on Andy, you should know better. It means the daughter and both parents individually can use the caravan alone whether they tow the caravan or it is planted somewhere for them.
We did that with our daughter about 9 years ago.

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
The question was relating to whether now she’s 18 she’ll pay “non member” prices, or does that just relate to no-one in the group being a member?

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I looked into family membership years ago and concluded that the rules were extremely vague. When making a booking you are simply asked, how many adults. Not, who are members. Therefore, only 1 member need to make a booking.

I presume, but do not know, that a family member would be provided with their own number and would be able to book in their own right. Meaning that two pitches could be booked at the same time.

I do not know if they need the same surname and/or address. When my son had a van, he joined in his own right. But perhaps he could have shared my membership.

John

Reactions: GaryB
Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
So going of on a bit at a tangent I am assuming that the two of us (joint membership) pay the same as a single person? We never travel singly so if the cost is extra I am paying for summat wot I don't want!,
Just checked, partners are free ! So that's alright then

Last edited:
Reactions: GaryB and Jcloughie
May 7, 2012
Visit site
I did notice something about extra adults being charged at an increased rate in the caravan this year. Unfortunately I cannot remember where and cannot find anything other than the non member charge of £15 per night. which I thought was for the unit rather than the individual. My sister in law does sometimes stay with us, but has not so far this year, so I would like to know the answer.
If there is a charge the answer seems to be your daughter should join if the cost of staying and not doing so exceeds £8.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Joining probably the only extra is only to allowing that person to be able to book a site on their own without the main member's login? I don't think it makes any difference to the price when adding the extra adult when booking a pitch.

Reactions: GaryB and Mr Plodd

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts