coachman or bessacar !!!!!

Nov 12, 2006
Visit site
hi

im new to caravaning i started feb this year with a brand new pagent provence, i went to the nec in october and decided to trade in for a new coachman lasser 640/4, i think i got a good deal the dealer offered me £10,300 to i jumped at it, the thing is im not sure whether im doing the right thing, since march of this year i have had my eye on a bessacar 625gl (i liked the heating system)but when i seen one in the flesh i wasnt to sure after all the coachman seemed identical (apart from heating system) but all my research told me coachman were better build quality so thats the one i went for.

the thing is im not sure whether i am doing the right thing now can anyone give me their oppinions on both vans please.

i pick up my new coachman on 15/11/06 it is a new 07 van

greatfull for any advise

thanks paul

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
paul,you ask am i doing the right thing?if you have commited with less than 2 days to go why ask the question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hope you enjoy cause if you dont its a lost to lose as your coachman will drop by 2k when it leaves the forecourt

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Paul,

Having owned two other Bessacarrs' previously and being extremely satisfied with them, we bought the new Bessacarr 625GL this year, and apart from a couple of items, have not had any problems with the build quality at all.

We spent alot of time looking at other makes, but nothing really appealed, unfortunately we did not go a bundle on the Coachman, but each to their own. :O)

I have given my opinion on the heating system in Technical.

Hope this helps.

Wendy

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
Hi Paul

Coachmans are not part of any group,wheres as the Bessacars are part of the Swift group,Sterling,Swift etc,i remember when looking around them at the shows the vans were all the same with just different interiors.

My Laser was one of the best vans i have ever owned,only changed because the kids got bigger,would go back to one anytime,best aftersales ive dealt with too always sorted out the problems,never too much trouble.

I do agree with Dave though you've left it late to be having second thoughts.

If all your worried about is the heating,i wouldnt lose any sleep over it,you will be happy with a Coachman.

May 12, 2006
Visit site
We have a Bessacarr 645, and so far we have not had any problems, build quality is good. I see for 2007 they have done away with the remote control for the power. Which believe me is a good thing to be doing away with.

Val & Frank

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
We have had four coachmans and one swift group van, the swift was the worst van we have ever known for poor build quality, we cut our losses and sold the swift within one year. stick with the coachman it is far superior in very way.

May 12, 2006
Visit site
You asked for opinions and that's what you got. In my opinion a Bessacarr is by far the better quality van, but Icemaker differs in his opinion. So at the end of the day it's your choice, you pays your money and take your chances. Price is an indication of Quality, after that it comes down to taste, in my opinion !!!

Val & Frank

Nov 12, 2006
Visit site
paul,you ask am i doing the right thing?if you have commited with less than 2 days to go why ask the question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hope you enjoy cause if you dont its a lost to lose as your coachman will drop by 2k when it leaves the forecourt
hi dave

i know iv left this very late but i have always been told by the dealer i can cancel any time and get my deposit back, even if i go to pick up the van i can still change my mind, i am happy with my choice its just a few minner things im worryed about as i want to caravan all year (already got christmas through new year booked in scotland), problems like heating and on board water tank (to help with water not freezing)

thankyou to everyone for your comments

paul

Nov 12, 2006
Visit site
hi

thankyou for all your coments and oppinions, still undecided though lol but think ill just carry on with my plan for a coachman keep for about 4 years then look again, dont think i would keep a van longer than that i like to keep things new

thankyou all paul

Nov 12, 2006
Visit site
hi dave

i know iv left this very late but i have always been told by the dealer i can cancel any time and get my deposit back, even if i go to pick up the van i can still change my mind, i am happy with my choice its just a few minner things im worryed about as i want to caravan all year (already got christmas through new year booked in scotland), problems like heating and on board water tank (to help with water not freezing)

paul

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Paul, you can rest assured that you have bought a quality product with the Coachman. In the last Caravan Club reliability survey which I think was last year Coachman was the only mainstream UK manufacturer to achieve over the 90% satisfaction rating.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I took delivery of a new Coachman VIP in april of this year, and the build quality is excellent. The only problems I have with it is the positioning of the heating and HW controls and being being over seventy have difficulty on getting down on the floor to adjust the controls. it would appear that good ergonomics is not always embodied in build quality. I have had 12 weeks of occupation and apart from a faulty alarm system (still not working properly) I have nothing to complain about and it it a dream to tow and very comfortable to live in. IMHO

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
OOO handbags at dawn! It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, nor results in surveys, do you like your van - the end! I have a Fleetwood Heritage and touch wood it has been brilliant, because of the layout we wanted and the alde heating we had a choice, go to Vanmaster and get them to do the layout or go to a smaller company who will alter layouts. The Fleetwood was the cheapest route! But I don't give a flying fig if they get top marks in a review or survey as long as my van is right for me.

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi. I had a VIP520 until last Dec and then changed it for a Bessacarr 525. It was the worst decision i have made in 25 yrs of caravanning. The coachman was well thought out and well built. The bessacarr has a few little stupid gimmicks like weather station and cruet set but does not match the coachman in build quality. I would never buy another one bessacrr but would buy a coachman anytime.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Paul, we just swopped the Omega for a Pastiche, what a differance. I can't believe nothings gone wrong. The local dealers M.D.'s all have Coachman vans as their own units and they sell a wide range of other makes, say's bucket loads when the men who are selling you a van also use the same make as you. Bazz.

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi Paul, we just swopped the Omega for a Pastiche, what a differance. I can't believe nothings gone wrong. The local dealers M.D.'s all have Coachman vans as their own units and they sell a wide range of other makes, say's bucket loads when the men who are selling you a van also use the same make as you. Bazz.

Now see how misleading this all can be, our dealers all own Bessacarrs, so they are using what they sell ???.

It's up to you to choose, Be lucky

Val & Frank

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi dave

paul
Hi, don't worry about the Coachman and winter caravanning. We have 2005 Coachman Amara 450/2, which is not as good as your new van and we couldn't fault it, winter or summer. The heating is great and the build quality has been fantastic.

You can't beat snuggling down in your van with snow dropping on the heki over your head while you are as warm as toast.

If we changed the van at any point we would still get a Coachman. Enjoy and relax in the knowledge that you have made a great choice. Roz

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts